Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Waiting to miscarry officially

Hi! Went for my first US today at 7w4d... The doctor couldn't find a baby or a heartbeat. She expressed concerns that I am just in the waiting stages for the miscarriage to happen. Doing blood work, but not very optimistic. This will be my second since December. Any advice? Success stories? D&C or wait it out naturally?

Re: Waiting to miscarry officially

• I had a natural miscarriage yesterday. Very painful! Went to the doc today and if the bleeding doesn't slow down will go in for a d&c tomorrow.
    I'd suggest whatever your doctor thinks is the best for you.
    So sorry!!
  • I agree with @valleric talk with your doctor about both options and choose what sounds best to you.

I went in and discussed my options with my doctor, and she explained everything in detail.  I made the decision to do the D&C since the baby had already been gone for 2.5 weeks when I went in for my 12wk. 

My only advice is with the D&C they can do testing, I don't think they can do testing if you do it naturally.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you are in this position. I opted for a D&C last Friday after speaking to my doctor. The procedure was very quick and I have had hardly any cramping and no pain at all. I have had super light spotting. Today, I resumed exercise and have no restrictions. For me personally, I felt comfortable with putting this behind me physically and being able to have the testing done. Your doctor will be able to clearly explain the options though.
  • Ditto what PP have said about taking your doctor's advice. Personally I took the middle road between totally natural and d&c. I took meds to induce the MC. They don't work for everyone, but they did for me luckily. For me it was the best option. I can start to move on without having to wait for the MC to happen on its own, but I also don't have the risks associated with surgery. Everyone is different, so go with whatever your doc recommends for you. Mine told me ahead of time that the meds might not work so we scheduled a d&c and I gave the meds a try. Since I passed the baby, the d&c was cancelled and now I just have to go back on Thursday to make sure everything is gone. This was my first pregnancy, so I don't have a success story for you, but we'll try again once the doc gives us the OK. Good luck with whatever you decide. Just a tip if you do end up bleeding at home - I put a yoga mat and towel under me while I slept to protect the sheets/mattress, which worked just fine.
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • I have no advice but I am so sorry for you, I wish you peace.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I'm in the same boat. Had my scan on Tuesday just gone. There was no heartbeat. I've had blood work done to confirm a miscarriage, yet nearly a week later and still nothings happening other than a few cramps. Have to go for a scan on Friday as a routine thing, just sick of all the waiting.
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2015
    Ditto here. Saturday i went in and baby hadnt grown since 2weeks ago, this time no heartbeat either. I should've been 9 and a half weeks but baby's size was 7 and a half. I'm waiting till Wednesday afternoon. If nothing by then, im inducing it with meds too. I prefer that than a D&C. The waiting game is a bit much. I've only waited two days since finding out and it feels like forever already.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I'm so sorry.
    I had a natural miscarriage at almost 12 weeks and I'm glad I was able to do it naturally. It wasn't very painful, but I bled a lot... And passed out.
    There could be d&c complications which terrified me (1st pregnancy).
    But listen to your doctor, I was pretty much forced to wait. Good luck. I'm sorry for your loss.