Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Light pink spotting

I am 7 days late now and my breasts were slightly sore and tender yesterday.I took a test yesterday morning and it was negative. This morning when I used the bathroom I saw a light pink discharge on the toilet paper but no more than that after a wiped. I'm so confused. If I was pregnant wouldn't I have a BFP by now? And if I'm not pregnant wouldn't I have my normal heavy period by now? Please help ease my mind. Thank you.

Re: Light pink spotting

• Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    How do you know you are 7 days late? Are you temping? If you haven't been temping to confirm ovulation, you don't know that you are late and could have just ovulated later.

My guess on the pink spotting is that you're getting your period soon.
  • Options

I am 7 days late now and my breasts were slightly sore and tender yesterday.I took a test yesterday morning and it was negative. This morning when I used the bathroom I saw a light pink discharge on the toilet paper but no more than that after a wiped. I'm so confused. If I was pregnant wouldn't I have a BFP by now? And if I'm not pregnant wouldn't I have my normal heavy period by now? Please help ease my mind. Thank you.

Yes, if you were pregnant, you would get a BFP on an HPT. Since you got a negative, you are not pregnant at this time and your symptoms are not pregnancy related.

How do you know you are 7 days late? 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you confirm ovulation by temping? You may have ovulated later than you thought and your period is not actually late yet.
    Me:27 DH:27
    Married: May 2013
    TTC#1 since Nov 2014
    MC June 2015
    MC January 2016
    Compound Hetero MTHFR Gene Mutation
  • Options
    ecmbecmb member

How do you know you are 7 days late?  If you are just going by your average cycle length or a period calendar then you most likely just ovulated later and are not actually late.  If you were actually 7 days late your test would be positive so you're not currently pregnant.

I'd recommend to start temping so that in future cycles you will know when to expect your period, when to take a hpt and if you are actually late or not.  Temping is the only way to confirm you ovulated and your ovulation date will determine your cycle length and when your period is due.

Lurk these boards for tons of information on temping and charting.

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options
    Well I usually get my period on the 14th but I did get my period on the 17th last month for some reason. So I counted by my normal date should I count from the 17th instead?
  • Options
    I have not confirmed my ovulation I'm very new to all of this honestly
  • Options
    Some other important things:

1. Take time to lurk, as is suggested/encouraged by regulars on this board and the community guidelines found at the top of this board :)

2. We don't have xray goggles and can't see into your uterus, so please don't ask us if we think you are pregnant. 

3. The women here, myself included, will encourage you to temp and chart your cycles in addition to reading up the scientific facts surrounding TTC. The best piece of advice I have ever gotten was buying and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

4. We also like FertilityFriend.com as a way to track your cycles - it's easily shared and members here love a good chart stalk.

Of course, you would already know all these things if you actually did #1
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    You should temp, not count. Periods don't go by a calendar. Temping will tell you for sure when you're due for a period.
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    ecmbecmb member

All of our cycles change.  Since you didn't temp this cycle any date you count from is still going to simply be a guess.  Rule of thumb is to test once a week until you get your period or a positive.  If you go 60 days without getting your period notify your dr so they can jump start your period. 

I would also sign up for FF, order a BBT and start temping ASAP.

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

• Options

Well I usually get my period on the 14th but I did get my period on the 17th last month for some reason. So I counted by my normal date should I count from the 17th instead?

This is not an accurate way to track your cycles. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    ecmbecmb member
    Also, if you check many of our signatures you'll find that not only do we all temp and chart, we share our charts with others on this board so they can help us with interpretation.  You'll learn so much you'll be shocked!

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

• Options

Thanks Everyone I will look into temping so I can be more accurate :)

And lurk. Please. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    Jags8Jags8 member

I have ovulated anywhere for CD18 to CD26. Can you imagine how many times I would've thought I was "late" if I hadn't temped to know I just ovulated later on CD26?
  • Options

Thanks Everyone I will look into temping so I can be more accurate :)

And lurk. Please. 
    Yes! So much wonderful information on this board, and so many lovely ladies you can support in the journey :)
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    Good luck with temping! It'll definitely help you to know when to expect AF. (Oh wow, that rhymed)

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Good luck with temping! It'll definitely help you to know when to expect AF. (Oh wow, that rhymed)

You're a poet and you seem to know it!!!

me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy