Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

when to expect period

I believed I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks.  I called the doctor and they said instead, it was probably "chemical" whatever that means.  (it was on a voice message so I didn't get a chance to ask)  First of all, does anyone know what that means?  And how long will it be until my period comes back?  Thanks

Re: when to expect period

• Options
    A chemical pregnancy is a "miscarriage" before a gestational sac is visible. Essentially, the egg fertilized but didn't complete the implantation process. It's not considered a miscarriage but in my opinion is still so sad. I'm truly sorry for your loss. With my two chemical pregnancies, my period was a couple days later than usual then resumed right back on schedule the following month.
  • Options
    I miscarried at almost 8 weeks and my doctor told me I shouldn't expect a period until my levels are back to 0 and even then, it could be a couple weeks still. My miscarriage began March 17th and I still have not had a period but as of a week ago, my levels were only at 38.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your responses!  Thank you westiemom22. I had a rough few days but I'm ok now.  On the phone my doctor said there is no waiting period I need to go through to start ttc again.  I heard from someone else that the miscarriage bleeding is counted as a period. Guess I'll just have to see when my next cycle starts.  Thank you again!