Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

The 72 hour wait is finally over!

LonniDLonniD member
edited April 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I am taking the time to rewrite this to respond to all the comments rather than just commenting continously. Yes. I did say in the post that "honestly, raising other people children and not having my own is heart wrenching" I realize that it was the wrong way to phrase what I was trying to say and should have just said that "spending so much time with other people's children is hard when wanting to have your own". So again, I apologize. Yes. I am 19. I also am married and have my own house, so there is that. I have had a variable amount of jobs that could have turned into careers, mainly in the pet care industry, but have settled in the Early Childhood Education career. I feel as though 19 is a perfectly suitable age to have a child if my husband and I FEEL ready and are FINANCIALLY prepared. have you also ever thought that you don't know my back story? You don't know my experiences? I feel like I've lived as much as I need too. I've gone to school I have a full time job, and I am balanced and still. Also have you thought that maybe some women's choices of age to have children could be due to religion? And no, I do not live in Canada. I live in the United States. I did actually spend a majority of the 72 hours "lurking" and you actually all seemed very funny and nice and I was trying to appeal to that. Clearly I judged a majority of you wrongly. You have made me feel completely not welcomed which I feel is the opposite of what this site is for. With that said, I didn't know how this site worked posting wise and when I originally posted this I didn't know that it took a certain amount of time to come up and I posted a second one that will probably come up in an hour or so. Please disregard that second one. If I knew how to delete posts, I would delete that one. I feel as though you would all rather me not show up on this board again, so I will not. Good luck to all and I hope you get those BFPs. Thanks for reading.

Re: The 72 hour wait is finally over!

• Options
    Welcome!

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Hello and good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!  I don't know if you are temping or not, but you might want to consider it.  A lot of the ladies here use Fertility Friend and it helps you understand your body and puts a lot of the unknowns about trying to conceive.

Married - 10/10/2009

DS - Due 11/3/2012 born 9/28/2012 due to Severe Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome

DD - EDD 12/30/15

"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url|| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</

• Options
    Hello and good luck :-h
    Me:27 DH:27
    Married: May 2013
    TTC#1 since Nov 2014
    MC June 2015
    MC January 2016
    Compound Hetero MTHFR Gene Mutation
  • Options
    LonniD said:

I have been slowly lurking these past three days just waiting to be able to come out and announce my presence. You all seem like a very tight knit group of ladies and I'm really hoping that I will fit in with no problem at all, which I'm sure I will! My DH and I have been TTC for about 6 months. I'm 19, married, work at a Montessori School, like honestly raising other people's children while trying to have your own is heart wrenching. Also, at my age I feel like I should be able to just pop 'em out, but noppeee. Lol. Well this is just a little bit about me. I am so excited to meet you all virtually, you seem wonderful!

Welcome! There are many teachers here - what grade do you teach? 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    Welcome!
    Me: 31 DH: 30
    Married since 8/2013
    TTC #1 since 3/2015
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!!
    Me: 32  DH: 31  TTC #3 for me #1 for him
  • Options
    Hello everyone I'm newly ttc and have also been lurking quite a bit on the symptom boards. I have had a few symptoms which could be AF but who knows. I have been using fertility friend which is awesome. Love the informative emails with quizzes, I have learned tons. Didn't realize what a noob I am about this process lol. I have not been temping or anything but I now know I should be so a thermometer purchase is definitely on the horizon. AF is due on Thursday, hoping that witch will be MIA. I wanna wish you all the best of luck and baby dust to you all.
  • Options

Hello everyone I'm newly ttc and have also been lurking quite a bit on the symptom boards. I have had a few symptoms which could be AF but who knows. I have been using fertility friend which is awesome. Love the informative emails with quizzes, I have learned tons. Didn't realize what a noob I am about this process lol. I have not been temping or anything but I now know I should be so a thermometer purchase is definitely on the horizon. AF is due on Thursday, hoping that witch will be MIA. I wanna wish you all the best of luck and baby dust to you all.

Please refrain from using the term "baby dust" - it is offensive to mothers who have had the misfortune of cremations their LOs.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    LonniD said:

I have been slowly lurking these past three days just waiting to be able to come out and announce my presence. You all seem like a very tight knit group of ladies and I'm really hoping that I will fit in with no problem at all, which I'm sure I will! My DH and I have been TTC for about 6 months. I'm 19, married, work at a Montessori School, like honestly raising other people's children while trying to have your own is heart wrenching. Also, at my age I feel like I should be able to just pop 'em out, but noppeee. Lol. Well this is just a little bit about me. I am so excited to meet you all virtually, you seem wonderful!

welcome!! My DH and started TTC when I was 19. I'm now 25 and TTC #3. Just keep in mind that a healthy couple can take up to a year to conceive. Good luck and you will learn a lot here :) hope you get your BFP soon
  • Options
    I work in the Toddler 1 room, so the ages are from 12-24 months. That is why it feels like raising to me. Lol I spend a lot of time with these children and am shaping their mind more than most parents realize.
  • Options
    I'm really not trying to be offensive. It was more or less my way of saying that it really stinks that I spend so much time with children and being a great deal in their lives but I don't have my own. I love all my kids and parents, if I didn't then I wouldn't do my job.
  • Options

LonniD said:

I work in the Toddler 1 room, so the ages are from 12-24 months. That is why it feels like raising to me. Lol I spend a lot of time with these children and am shaping their mind more than most parents realize.

I'm sure you don't realize how offensive you are being to working parents. I have 1 year old and a 3 year old. I have a nanny, plus the 3-year old is in part time preschool. But I am damn sure that my husband and I are the ones raising our children.
    I know that you as the parent are clearly raising the children. Obviously. My point was that of which I said about. I wasn't trying to be mean and really didn't expect for someone to bash me on my first post. I was more or less trying to be humorous and I apologize that you didn't see it that way. But teachers really do shape a young child's mind and have a big influence in their life after they leave their classroom. But that would be the same for any person who spends a lot of time with a young child.
  • Options
    LonniD said:

LonniD said:

I'm sure you don't realize how offensive you are being to working parents. I have 1 year old and a 3 year old. I have a nanny, plus the 3-year old is in part time preschool. But I am damn sure that my husband and I are the ones raising our children.
    I know that you as the parent are clearly raising the children. Obviously. My point was that of which I said about. I wasn't trying to be mean and really didn't expect for someone to bash me on my first post. I was more or less trying to be humorous and I apologize that you didn't see it that way. But teachers really do shape a young child's mind and have a big influence in their life after they leave their classroom. But that would be the same for any person who spends a lot of time with a young child.

It's one thing to say you have an influence in a young child's life a quite another thing to say you are helping to raise them. Hopefullynyou see the difference, because as @TheBorg7of9 said, it's really offensive to those of us who are working mothers to make such a claim. I can guarantee you none of your parents believe you are helping raise their children.
  • Options
    LonniD said:

I'm really not trying to be offensive. It was more or less my way of saying that it really stinks that I spend so much time with children and being a great deal in their lives but I don't have my own. I love all my kids and parents, if I didn't then I wouldn't do my job.

You are not raising those children. They go him with their parents at night. I am a nanny, unfortunately her parents travel for work a lot of the month. While I do overnights and some weeks spend more time with her than they do, I am not raising her.

That was extremely offensive. Choose your words more carefully.
  • Options
    Clearly none of you got the point. I've already apologized and it was honestly supposed to be humorous. I apologize, once more, for the offensives of my words. I feel as though my age should not dictate my ability to have a and raise a family. If I am prepared for it and can financially support a child then that is on my husband and I. I am not going to defend my career path or myself any more than necessary and clearly it isn't. So no worries here. I won't be returning.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    High school teacher here - and when my students become pregnant - even the 18 and occasional 19 year old super seniors - it never, EVER turns out well.  You're just not even your real self yet.  You still have so much growing to do still.  Now even just 8 years later I look back at my 19 year old self and just face palm SO HARD.  To make such a long lasting decision such as getting married or bringing a dependent little life into the world at that age... just... yeesh.

Edit - just throwing out the obvious point that I OBVIOUSLY don't believe that young moms can't be good moms - just simply that they will be happier moms and have more to give if they wait longer.
  • Options
    BHEAT14 said:

Welcome but is no one else concerned that you're only 19? What's the rush? It's great you're married and have a job but 19 is SUPER young. 

I had seen her post bright and early this morning and had to refrain from saying anything because, yet again, another teen trying to have a baby. But then the other post from the 18 year old just a bit ago... I couldn't even keep it in!

On the Infertility board (or maybe it was 3T??) there was a 17 YEAR OLD complaining of infertility, that she had been trying for a year (so since she was 16) and was struggling to get pregnant. I couldn't post on that thread, either. Ugh.

TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• Options
    WOW. That's all I can say. Even at 25 and 33 I often feel like we're being selfish trying to start a family so early. At 19 I had no clue about anything. Poor babies
  • Options
    MagicMikkiMagicMikki member
    edited April 2015
    BHEAT14 said:

BHEAT14 said:

Welcome but is no one else concerned that you're only 19? What's the rush? It's great you're married and have a job but 19 is SUPER young. 

On the Infertility board (or maybe it was 3T??) there was a 17 YEAR OLD complaining of infertility, that she had been trying for a year (so since she was 16) and was struggling to get pregnant. I couldn't post on that thread, either. Ugh.

No I refuse to believe this isn't mud because I'll cry if it's true. When did little girls stop wanting to have jobs?  I'd rather have a bunch of 17 years old say they're moving to LA to try and be actresses. (I'm a writer so I'm not one to talk about impossibly hard goals. Plus, without actresses who would preform my scripts?) At least if they fail the only person who's affect is them. It's also a cool life expereince. A baby is an actual living creature, does that not compute with these girls? I blame the lack of comprehensive sexual education and this strange lack of 
    consequences children seem to have nowadays.

What saddens me is actually NOT the teen pregnancy statistics of those teens who accidentally get pregnant due to reproductive ignorance or "it won't happen to me" theory, but  rather the number of young girls are TRYING to get pregnant. At this point, it's not lack of sex ed... these young girls haven't had someone show them all their other options out there, and explain to them that these options are so much more limited if they have a baby. :(

TTC since March 2013

Moved to IVF May 2016 

LFAF Badges:

• Options
    OP, yes there are individuals that make teen pregnancy work and end up being in great relationships and raise great children.

But you have you think about someone other than yourself. Once you bring a child into this world, you have to think about how your life choices affect them. You choose to be a teen mom, but that baby did not choose to have teen parents.

Every child deserves the best shot at life, and I think you're making a very selfish decision.
  • Options
    mrsespigreenmrsespigreen member
    edited April 2015
    right... and I thought I was the "baby" being on the younger side and turning 24 in a few months...
    But now I feel like an old hag 
    >.<

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Options
    LonniD said:

Clearly none of you got the point. I've already apologized and it was honestly supposed to be humorous. I apologize, once more, for the offensives of my words. I feel as though my age should not dictate my ability to have a and raise a family. If I am prepared for it and can financially support a child then that is on my husband and I. I am not going to defend my career path or myself any more than necessary and clearly it isn't. So no worries here. I won't be returning.

Yeah, I highly doubt you took those 72 hours to lurk...
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options

I want to be supportive.  Truly, I do.  But I just can't get behind these young, young girls who are already married and dreaming of babies.  I know nothing I say, nothing any of us say, will make a difference.

But there is so, so much living to do before starting a family, and I thank my lucky stars that I had the time to pursue some hobbies, work some interesting jobs, see a little bit of the world, get a Master's, and buy the cutest little house on a little bit of land, before the babies come.

I can also drink and rent a car, so there's that.
    I often feel like I'm rushing it at 27! I have no clue how one feels ready when they're seven years younger than me!
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    mrs3615 said:

Well she *is* raising all of the working mom's kids so I mean she's practically like a 35 year old. =D>

Well, of course she is! I mean, I pretty much consider my two kids' teachers their second mom!

8-|
    TTC since March 2013

Moved to IVF May 2016 

LFAF Badges:

• Options
    People tell me I'm too young to have children too and my husband and I have a 4 1/2 year old.

I guess it's all about perspective, but absolutely teenagers should not be actively TTC [-X
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 10/19/13

TTC #2!

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    There are a whole lot of super thin skinned people in here. It's sad, I've seen other people post the very same thing. Take a chill pill. This thread ain't me, although I would think a introduction board would be for everyone. I'm beginning to feel as if this is just a bunch of cliques that wanna treat new people as outsiders and pick apart everything they say. This is not your site it's for everyone. Be open minded and realize that people aren't saying things to hurt anyone's feelings. Get your heart off your sleeve or just leave.
  • Options

Wow!!!  How did you get certified to teach Montessori at 19?  I'm a Montessori alum and I have aunts who teach it so I know it takes an education degree and additional certification.  All and all probably a 5 year process and you did all that one year out of high school...?  Crazy..?  Did you graduate early?

^^ double this

I worked for a montessori as an undergrad assisting the actual educators. Than again I know that California is super strict for certifications. But I would imagine that other states have similar requirements.

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Wow!!!  How did you get certified to teach Montessori at 19?  I'm a Montessori alum and I have aunts who teach it so I know it takes an education degree and additional certification.  All and all probably a 5 year process and you did all that one year out of high school...?  Crazy..?  Did you graduate early?

There are a whole lot of super thin skinned people in here. It's sad, I've seen other people post the very same thing. Take a chill pill. This thread ain't me, although I would think a introduction board would be for everyone. I'm beginning to feel as if this is just a bunch of cliques that wanna treat new people as outsiders and pick apart everything they say. This is not your site it's for everyone. Be open minded and realize that people aren't saying things to hurt anyone's feelings. Get your heart off your sleeve or just leave.

Wrong.

I was new about six weeks ago and was welcomed with virtual open arms. Want to know why? 

1. I lurked. I read through posts, saw how things went on the boards, recognized that I was "new" and that some people had been on for awhile and that I needed understand how the board worked.

2. When I posted a stupid post or two (which I did) and was flamed for it, I took it as a learning experience. I apologized, figured out what I had missed in the TOU, and moved on. 

3. I used the search function to check questions that had already been asked so I didn't annoy those people who take time to respond ... so they wouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

4. I didn't expect an established community to change their ways specifically for me because, well, I'm not that special and I don't dictate the internet.
    ^^this

I've only been here a few weeks and I learned more about TTC then I even thought existed. I feel welcomed but more so I'm so grateful for all of the ladies on here and their great advise. This community is to help people TT. using facts. If that's not the type of community that you're looking for that's fine, but then you're probably the one who should leave.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the bolded - Yeah I'm guessing she is an aid and not an actual teacher.  

Edit:  gd boxes
  • Options

Wrong.

I was new about six weeks ago and was welcomed with virtual open arms. Want to know why? 

1. I lurked. I read through posts, saw how things went on the boards, recognized that I was "new" and that some people had been on for awhile and that I needed understand how the board worked.

2. When I posted a stupid post or two (which I did) and was flamed for it, I took it as a learning experience. I apologized, figured out what I had missed in the TOU, and moved on. 

3. I used the search function to check questions that had already been asked so I didn't annoy those people who take time to respond ... so they wouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

4. I didn't expect an established community to change their ways specifically for me because, well, I'm not that special and I don't dictate the internet.
    ^^this

I've only been here a few weeks and I learned more about TTC then I even thought existed. I feel welcomed but more so I'm so grateful for all of the ladies on here and their great advise. This community is to help people TT. using facts. If that's not the type of community that you're looking for that's fine, but then you're probably the one who should leave.
    It's called currently an Assistant teacher working on my Montessori Certificate.