3rd Trimester
Options

scar tissue stretching or contractions?

Around 28 weeks I was having severe pain in my scar from my first child c section area. It felt like full blown contractions! II felt it all the way down into my vagina area. The pain was constant for 3 days and my hubby came in from work and seen me in tears and said we were going to the er. The pain started on a Monday after I had my regular ob appointment. After my appointment I went to Walmart to do some shopping. Half way thru that I started hurting. I thought maybe I'd been walking too much so I checked out and went home. The next day the pain was more intense. I called my ob after most of the day still hurting and he said it was my scar tissue from my previous c section stretching to make room for the baby. I said OK and delt with it. Wednesday I was still hurting to the point I couldn't stand, sit, lay, walk or anything without hurting. By that night I was hurting so bad I was in tears. My hubby took me to the er and my ob said the same thing again. It was just my scar tissue stretching.
I'm 35 weeks now and was wondering if any other mons have experienced this? And if so how did u determine braxton hicks or actual contractions from scar tissue stretching?

Re: scar tissue stretching or contractions?

• Options
    I have not experienced any type of contraction on my c section scar, however, I am having pain. If I do too much, like grocery shopping, or at the park with my toddler for too long, things like that, my scar hurts so bad on the inside, it feels like it's pulling and burning. I asked my OB at my appointment last week, she told me unfortunately, that pain will probably only get worse as my belly stretches and baby puts pressure on that's area. She also told me that is my sign, I'm doing too much and it's time to take a break.
  • Options
    That's mainly when mine bothers me too now. But at 28 weeks I really thought it was contractions. I'm 35 weeks now and I can't tell the difference between that pain and actual braxton hicks contractions. My Dr basically told me it didn't matter whether I felt them sincei have to have another c section anyway. I was just curious if any other moms are going thru the same thing and if that was normal.