3rd Trimester

help

I know im annoying, but i felt like i had to pee some, so i went and only a tiny bit came out, so i pushed to see if anymore came out and i had a trickle and then i stopped pushing and then i had a gush as if i peed alot, but i couldnt stop it. Normally when i pee i can stop in the middle. After the gush i had a few more trickles and then i got up and put a pad on and then laid down. Im gonna see if i soak through it or if i leak quite a bit when i stand up. But has anybody had their water break like this or do you think its probably just pee?

Re: help

• Hasn't happened to me, but it sounds plausible. Any update?
  • Not as of now. Im getting occasional cramps but nothing new yet. I got up to pee again and it didnt happen this time and pad was still dry so ill assume it was just more pee.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.) How far along are you?
    2.) Sniff the discharge after putting on a pad. Urine smells like urine & amniotic fluid smells almost salty.
    3.) if you slosh & leak as you move then it could be your waters have ruptured. Fluid can replenish but infection becomes an issue after 24-32 hours.

When in doubt call your provider. They can have you come in to test the fluid & check you out. The worst thing will be if you just have a bladder issue. You might feel silly but that's better than potentially ignoring a rupture of your waters.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Im 37 and a half weeks, and i havent wet my pad. It feels damp, but i dont believe it was my water breaking now. I havent leaked at all but the other than normal leak. Im super paranoid and ive been in 3 times to check if my waters broken and even have my doctor check everytime i go in. I believe it was just more pee, i just got concerned since i couldnt stop the gush until it stopped on its own. It was a medium sized gush but i havent leaked again so im not super concerned. If it happens again then i will definately call my doctor and see what she wants me to do. If i hear anything or anything different happens ill post it here. Thank you :)