April 2015 Moms

what would you do?

So i need some advice..
When i first got pregnant my doctor told me my due date would be may 13 and about a month ago he told me my due date was April 16, he didn't say he was changing it or anything he acted like that's what it has been the whole time. Well yesterday was the 16th and i went in for my check up and he told me i was at 39 weeks instead of 40....and at my sonogram the week before the told me my baby was still at 6lbs....hes talking about wanting to induce me but also says she hasn't dropped yet. Im just worried that he isn't even sure of my due date and if she was really supposed to be due in May not April what if he induces me a whole month early? Has anyone been in this situation?

Re: what would you do?

• Did you have an early u/s to date the pregnancy? When was your LMP? Honestly, I'd just explain to them that you're confused as to why your due date keeps changing and ask what they are basing it from.
  • I didnt have regular periods before i got pregnant so i have no idea. And i had an ultrasound the day after i realized i was pregnant. Ill ask them on Wednesday though, thank you. Im a FTM and only 19 so i dont really know what im doing
  • Loading the player...
  • Ask him to explain why he keeps changing the dates and I, personally, would get a second opinion before I let him induce a 6 pound baby.
  • You need to find out what is his reason for wanting to induce you. If the baby is not stressed and you are fine there really is no need to be induced- best to let nature take it course. Best of luck.
  • He told me there is no medical reason why i need to be induced he just doesnt like to go more than a week past the due date.
  • Get a second opinion about the induction. That's pretty strange and scary.
  • If you and baby are healthy there's no reason you can't wait until 42 wks past the first day of your last period. You don't need regular periods to count this date, just the last one before pregnant.

Get a second opinion for sure. Induction should only be used when it's safer to get the baby out than leave it in.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am in the same situation. I have PCOS and my periods are irregular and by my tracking of ovulation and conception I am not to be due until at least April 24th - April 28th but the doctors keep going by my last menstrual period and saying my due date was April 19th. I've been measuring 2 weeks behind my due date but I have to go Thursday to have a non stress test done and discuss being induced. But just like you, I am concerned if they think I am a week or two over due but I'm actually right on track. The doctor refuses to change my due date saying "as long as its within 2 weeks we don't change it". So frustrating! I would just keep standing your ground and communicate your concerns! 
  • I had my baby 11 days after her due date and she was a tiny 6lbs 14 oz. Even the doctor commented that my due date must've been off, as if she'd arrived at 40 weeks she would've been in the 5lb range. So fight that early induction, there is no reason to induce before 42 weeks! Except of course if tests show a necessity.