Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hello. New here.

This post seems so much harder to start. I'm looking for a new place called home.

My husband and I are currently going through our second missed miscarriage. It seems we always get so close to the end of the first trimester, but not close enough. We are scheduled for a D&C tomorrow.

I am a paranoid RN so I asked for some labs last time. I've had autoimmune and clotting lab work done. All normal. This time around we are getting genetic testing done. I'm probably biting the bullet, but I want to know as much as I can.

Here's to a new beginning that I don't want to start. Life has such a funny way of just happening and it is so hard to let go of control. I thought having one miscarriage was tough. But after this the questions come into your head about all the what ifs. I'm "young" and the best health of my life. Just trying to have faith in Gods greater plan.

Sorry for the rambling. Thanks for having me.

Re: Hello. New here.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. You are among friends here.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    I too am so sorry for your losses. :(
    I'm in the same boat with trying to figure out why we keep miscarrying.
    I hope you get some answers, and please feel free to post anytime you need. Xo
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this again. If it helps to hear, two of my cousins had two miscarriages in a row and went on to have healthy babies.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options

I'm going through a missed miscarrige as well, and my D&C is scheduled for tomorrow, too.  Hugs to you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am also a registered nurse, working on the OB floor. This was my first pregnancy and it ended in a missed mc as well. I had my D&C today. I feel the same way with wanting to do testing but since it only my first, will be waiting. I also have struggled a lot with the control aspect of things... I can only imagine how you feel after two. Here's hoping for our rainbow babies!
  • Options
    So sorry ! im always sad when i discover there are new ones here, so many people that have to go true this !
    I was past 9 weeks so i totally understand when you say close to the end of 1 trimester.
    I hope for everyone we are gonna have a rainbow baby someday.
    Good luck and big hugs !
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know its very difficult. Hang in there.
  • Options
    Mela5Mela5 member
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I am in the middle of my first missed miscarriage 11 weeks by the time it was noticed. Things like started to go off the rails around week 6.  Like others on here, I know how hurtful it can be to make it so close to the end of the first trimester. Hugs. 

I am happy to hear you are pursuing testing. Fingers crossed for a rainbow. 

Like @bntfroggie said, you are amongst friends here. Vent, chat, ask questions. The women on this board are so helpful. They have answered so many questions and offered information to me that I would never have thought to even search out. Do what you need to do here. It is sad that we find ourselves here, but this is a good community. 
  • Options
    Sorry for your losses!

I'm in the same situation as you as this is my 2nd miscarriage, the first was an ectopic and this one a natural MC that happened a few days ago as I had low progesterone and HCG levels that weren't doubling.
    I had an early scan at 6w4d and they couldn't 100% determine that there was a gestational sac in my uterus and if it was, looked around at 4w.

I feel a bit in limbo as although this is my 2nd consecutive MC, they have been 7 years apart (first was unplanned) and this time round was only TTC with DH about 6 months ago, I would like testing but not sure if this is just a pregnancy that wasn't meant to be or there could be something wrong that's not allowing the pregnancy to develop.

Hopefully I'll get answers soon and the same for you too @gapeachrn!
    Prayers for your rainbow baby soon...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm also in the same boat; trying not to figure out why we had our second miscarriage. It's so sad and frustrating. This is a great board to chat, vent and share.