Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Help!!!

My son is 4 1/2 months old he is a strictly breast fed baby but I am no long supplying the amount he needs... I have been drinking mothers milk tea and drinking lots of water but I can't keep up with my growing boy!!! And he absolutely will not take formula!!!! Any ideas on what else I can do

Re: Help!!!

• You might want to try posting on the Bf board, you may get more responses. Good luck!

• there is a formula that is for supplementing. its a good transitional "flavor" if you are going to continue to try and breast feed. I know you said DS didn't like formula and either did ours but they get used to it. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Try fenugreek, made me smell like maple syrup but worked wonders for my supply.
  • Oatmeal, almond, flaxseed and brewer's yeast are all great for boosting milk.  How many calories are you consuming?  You should also be consuming around 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day. 
  • This is a great page for breastfeeding diet advises:
  • Try pumping between feeds to boost supply? Good luck!
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Pumping with a hospital grade breast pump has helped me to keep up my supplies when my supply was low.

Do you currently pump milk when your LO doesn't feed? Pumping between 11PM-6AM is when I notice that I make the most milk.

I pump 5 minutes after no more milk will come out. I also tried Fenugreek while pumping extra and that helped.

Hope this helps.

• pchungpchung member
    Make sure if you pump that you pump after feeding your LO.  This will tell your body that baby needs more milk. 

Middle of the night pumps also produce more milk than daytime pump sessions. 

Also, I would stop the mother's milk tea.  For many women it actually reduces milk supply.  It also has many side effect to baby such as colic like symptoms.