1st Trimester

Young Mothers, under 25 preferably but not exclusivly.

I've set up a young mothers group for anyone needed to talk to other young mothers without judgement, feel free to join

Re: Young Mothers, under 25 preferably but not exclusivly.

• Loading the player...
  • NittanyPA said:

I'm 26. It's official. I'm now old.

I'll be 32 in two months. I must be ancient.
  • NittanyPA said:

I'll be 32 in two months. I must be ancient.
    35 in September. I'm downright elderly!
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• @catsareshady & @finchfeeder80 - get your walkers & hover-rounds! lol.
  • I just lost my shit at work. LOL. Everyone is staring at me laughing at my screen and wants to know whats so funny. hehe. Thank you for this awesomeness today.
  • Just curious, do you feel that older moms are not able to understand? After all, we've been your age. You haven't been ours... :-??

@primrosemama

It's more likely it's a dusty old dirtball in his mother's basement looking for naive young girls to join his group.  
  • NittanyPA said:

Me too! Twinsies!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Just curious, do you feel that older moms are not able to understand? After all, we've been your age. You haven't been ours... :-??

@primrosemama

It's more likely it's a dusty old dirtball in his mother's basement looking for naive young girls to join his group.  
  • NittanyPA said:

Me too! Twinsies!
    Let's get matching canes! :x
  • I never said any of you are old. Even if you're 45 you're still only half way through your life. It's just that I've noticed bad looks from peoople because I'm pregnant and am young and I look younger than I am whereas I have older friends and they haven't felt any prejudice against them because they're of an acceptable age to start having babies. I made the group so that the very young girls can connect because yes you may have been our age at one point but that's never stopped an older woman looking down on me or being condescending because of my age. I just wanted a place for us all to connect just like there are army wife groups, miscarriage groups and chrisian groups and so on. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that.
  • I never said any of you are old. Even if you're 45 you're still only half way through your life. It's just that I've noticed bad looks from peoople because I'm pregnant and am young and I look younger than I am whereas I have older friends and they haven't felt any prejudice against them because they're of an acceptable age to start having babies. I made the group so that the very young girls can connect because yes you may have been our age at one point but that's never stopped an older woman looking down on me or being condescending because of my age. I just wanted a place for us all to connect just like there are army wife groups, miscarriage groups and chrisian groups and so on. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that.

It doesn't really matter much. This thread made me laugh. I don't consider myself old despite the fact that I'm over 25 lol.

The point PP was making is that many of the "older" women here have been in your shoes and that you might benefit from the perspective of someone who's been there and done that.

• @CatsAreShady I also never said I never wanted advice from older women who have been there and done that.
    Like I've said from the begining:
    I wanted to connect to other women my age and to not be judged.
    And again. You all aren't older women, I'm not saying you're old. I'm saying you're older than 25. Which is out of the age group I was looking for.
  • @jacquelineemma, did you do a search by category? I remember seeing a thread title with "teen mom." You might be able to find more folks in your desired age range there. If you find the thread you can tag them in a reply or maybe PM a few of them. Good luck to you in your journey!! I hope you find the support and camaraderie you're seeking.
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!!! >:)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• WTAF @slappytrout? People are the worst.
  • Dang, I'm 32 and pregnant. I wonder if at my age I'll go down in history books for being old and pregnant
  • I'm 23, and I think you're giving us "young moms" a bad name OP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Excuse me? How am I giving young mums a bad name? All I have said is that I've made a group for young mums to connect? How is that a bad thing? There's plenty of groups on here targeting specific people like age culture or religion. There's a over 35 group. I was just trying to connect with other girls my age. I never said that as soon as you're over 25 you're an old fart. I never called anyone old and I know older women have experience and I never said I don't want advice from older women I said I wanted to connect with young girls. The group isn't just for pregnancy related chat. I never thought I'd get so much heat with the good intentions I had.
    @elittler How am I giving young mothers a bad name. What did I do so wrong?
  • @kladd7182 I never said you're old. Please don't put words in my mouth. Being 32 I would assume you have friends roughly your age that have children already whereas I don't. I don't even have distant friends that have children so I came here trying to make friends with girls my age in the same boat.
  • Omg please calm down. Generally, folks don't like to feel excluded. Your campaign & spam the tri-boards about the group just seems like you are looking to create cliques & exclude folks. It looks bad, but I don't think anyone is half as up in arms as you are. Deep breaths, man.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• The 35 year-old group exists because once your THAT old (me soon) pregnancy is technically "at risk." They're not getting together to talk about arthritis. They're talking about extra tests, worries, and doctor appointments.

Your OP assumes too much. For instance, that those over 25 are indeed going to judge you. We may be over 25 now and pregnant, but some of us might have been 16 and pregnant once. Try us before YOU judge US.

When I got engaged to my husband I was 28! TWNTY EIGHT! Too old to join your club, but I too looked young and had people telling me I was TOO YOUNG to get married. I was TWENTY EIGHT but ahhhhh look how I identify with your young-person problem!

I get WHY you started the group. I do. I get it. You didn't mean to offend anyone. It's okay. We're not all that offended, and you're not the first to do it. But it's agest. Why don't you try us instead? Post a post about old farts giving you nasty looks and see how compassionate and empathetic we can be.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @kladd7182 I never said you're old. Please don't put words in my mouth. Being 32 I would assume you have friends roughly your age that have children already whereas I don't. I don't even have distant friends that have children so I came here trying to make friends with girls my age in the same boat.

You're assuming again.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm 34. It's official. I'm now old.
  • I don't get why you're being so defensive OP. Idk if you've noticed this or not but most of us are joking around with each other with the "old" comments. I'm going to be 30-freaking-2. I don't care what some "youngster" says, I'm not old at all.

I will say that I actually appreciate being the age I am. When you get to a certain age, you realize that the judgments and opinions of others don't mean a damned thing and also that it's never a good idea to take yourself so seriously. It's part of being mature, which can happen earlier in life, later in life, or never.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. Don't confuse the two.
  • @CatsAreShady : I love you! :x
    GIFSoup

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• @CatsAreShady : I love you! :x
    GIFSoup

@PrimRoseMama awww ditto! :x :\">

• I am a very young soon to be mom. I am seeking all the help and advice I can from older women or women who have already been through what am I going through. But I liked this board just to hear what other young women my age were going through and their stories. But I also don't think anyone on this board is as young as I am. (Not in a snobby tone, just in fact that I am very young for this and I know I am and to most people they would indeed judge me).
  • I am a very young soon to be mom. I am seeking all the help and advice I can from older women or women who have already been through what am I going through. But I liked this board just to hear what other young women my age were going through and their stories. But I also don't think anyone on this board is as young as I am. (Not in a snobby tone, just in fact that I am very young for this and I know I am and to most people they would indeed judge me).
    You are an 18 year old girl who lives with her boyfriend and you are TTC, which the girls over on the TTC board are logically, responsibly, and kindly trying to talk you out of doing.

THAT is the advice and help you can expect to receive from older women: to wait a few years.  No one here is going to encourage a teenager and her boyfriend to have a baby.

All my shoes are growing wings!

BEWARE LA CHANCLA! :P

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

You are an 18 year old girl who lives with her boyfriend and you are TTC, which the girls over on the TTC board are logically, responsibly, and kindly trying to talk you out of doing.

THAT is the advice and help you can expect to receive from older women: to wait a few years.  No one here is going to encourage a teenager and her boyfriend to have a baby.

WUT?! 

Well that was a fun read.
    I'd tell you the same thing that the rest of the ladies told you. You're 18 and playing house with your bf and now you want the baby doll to complete the set.

I know that desperate feeling after having a MC to get pregnant again, I really do. However, just WANTING to have a baby isn't a good enough reason to have one at your age. Use this time to make sure your relationship is real and not just some teenage love. Get established, like really established. Insurance, savings, logistics, etc. Live more. Don't make life harder for yourself and your future kids.
  • @CatsAreShady you grow up.
    For the 100th time! I never said you were old!! Got that?
    One more time for the "thirty freaking two year old" who can't read.
    I never said you were old. I was just looking for especially young mothers. That's all.