TTC after 35

Clomid, Progesterone, Hormones and Forgetfulness....

FLY106FLY106 member
edited April 2015 in TTC after 35
Hey Ladies!!!
  As some of you already knew I've been on this TTC journey for a while and it recently started feeling real after I started taking all these hormones. I'm usually very detail oriented and my memory is that of an "elephant". Anyways, this past month all of that has changed. I think I've lost track of most of it. I know stress has a lot to do with it but has this happened to any of you? Could the hormones affect memory and make u be careless. I guess I feel this way because I "recently" lost my iPod. Might seem like this could happen to anyone but I don't think I've ever lost anything. Misplaced maybe but lost never. I'm always making sure I have stuff with me and if I notice I havent seen it, I check for it fast. What's worse is that I can't recall when I last saw it/used it. I usually keep it in my purse and dont remember checking for it or seeing it. Last time I know for sure was a month ago. I know I didn't lose it that day. I try to play it back but nothing. 

Could this be hormone related? I feel like this whole month has been a blur. Just bits and pieces. Not like me at all.

Anniversary
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
PitaPata Dog tickers
Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
TTC #1: Since July 2012
Me: PCOS
DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
Started with RE 10/14
IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

Re: Clomid, Progesterone, Hormones and Forgetfulness....

• This is my first time taking progesterone and I've been a complete mess. I've been so on edge, ready to snap at anyone and everyone (and I'm usually the most patient person when it comes to interacting with others). I also have been spacey, forgetful and just plain out of it. It's like I have no motivation at all and that's so unlike me. And I cry a lot, sometimes for no reason. So yes, I'd say it sounds like all the hormones. Hang in there, hopefully your body will adjust soon.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • I'm not taking any meds but my cycles have been all over the place lately, so I'm thinking something is out of whack with my hormones.
    With that said I have left one of my gas burners on TWICE in the last week. Both times it was on for over an hour before I saw it. After I finished cooking I made me and my son plates of food and we sat down and ate and I didn't notice it until I went to clean up from dinner. Cleaning a pan with burnt on food is not fun. Oh and I left the oven on once after taking dinner out.
    @FLY106 I'm right there with you on the memory thing.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • They were talking on the radio today that there is scientifically no such thing as "pregnancy brain" but something like 80% of women experience it.  

I think the hormones mess with you for sure.  And if it isn't the hormones, it's the TTC that's going through your mind all the time. For me they made me edgy, weepy, and downright ragey sometimes.  

FX that this is your cycle @Fly106 (and you find your iPod)!
  • FLY106FLY106 member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you ladies!!! I thought I was imagining things. @kindershlitz, I think someone's very happy to have benefited from my "TTC brain"...LOL. I'm thinking they found it and didn't think about returning it.  I'm still trying to get over my carelessness. 

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be