April 2015 Moms

For The Late April-ers - Post Labor Signs/Symptoms Here!

How are you all feeling in these last few weeks? What labor signs are you having? Any symptoms? Or lack thereof?

I'm a FTM, almost 38 weeks, starting to get loose stools & nausea (gross-sorry) and random aches and pains in my back, pelvis, abdomen etc. No contractions. No sign of a mucous plug yet. Lots of movement from baby and pressure down low.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: For The Late April-ers - Post Labor Signs/Symptoms Here!

• I'm feeling all those things too. 39 weeks tomorrow.
  • 39 weeks 2 days... cramping, which my doctor said are still contractions- just not the active labor kind we're all waiting on! Lots of discharge (gross, but it's things thinning out) and lots of pressure. As of last week I was 2.5-3cm dilated and 80% effaced... heading to the doctor's in 10 min so we shall see what kind of progress we have made. I haven't lost the mucous plug that I am aware of, but I have heard that you don't always notice it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm the same as you. My nausea didn't return with my other two, but it sure has this time.

I didn't really think I was having contractions, but a couple hours at L&D last night on monitors proved otherwise. I couldn't really feel them though.
  • 38 weeks. Starting to lose mucus plug, lightning crotch (ouch)... Started Evening Primrose Oil today - 2000mg orally and 500 vaginally before bed. Was 1cm dilated yesterday. Time to get this show on the road!
  • 39 weeks and 4 days. Lost my mucus plug today!!! so things can be progressing but I get the feeling, baby is gonna be comfy past 41 weeks.
  • Ftm here. 38 weeks today. Nausea and loose stool as well. Cramping and BH are on the regular. Very large baby movements that feel horrible (they are uncomfortable). Pressure down really low and I feel like he is head butting my butthole. And oh the lightening crotch. Only 1cm and 70% though. Would love for that to change.
  • @acolodiy I could have seriously written that myself.  I feel all the exact same things. Add to the list a random and sporadic weird muscle pain in my hip/pelvis/thigh, only on the left side.

I haven't had an internal exam yet but probably will at my appointment on Monday to see where things are at.

Keep us updated!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 38w 3d here and feeling all of the same things! No contractions or mucus plug. Some cramping, lots of baby movement, and lower back pain. No internal exam yet so I'm not sure if I am effaced or dialating. I'm starting to feel very anxious.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• lexmexilexmexi member
    edited April 2015
    39 weeks! Had an appointment today and was 3 cm dilated. So ready to get this show on the road.. Feeling cramping every now and then and some contractions. Lightning crotch like no other!!! Doctor scheduled an induction for next Friday (due to BP and concerns about size) in case he doesn't come on his own by then.. Feel a little relief knowing that he will be here by next Friday!
  • i have that lightening crotch, i was wondering does it mean anything?
  • 39 weeks and 5 days.. 2 cm as of Monday. She did check me and I have been spotting brown since. Also think I have lost parts of the plug. Other than that no contractions. The last time I was in she said she thought I was having one because at one point she said my stomach was hard and the next second it wasn't? I'm not feeling them if they are indeed contractions which it is nice not to feel pain, but I'm ready to. I want to meet my baby. She is going to induce me the 22nd if she doesn't make it by her due date of the 17th. I don't want to be induced at all.
  • due 4/24

feeling pretty good, still working, still mothering the older 2 kids, still doing all my household stuff w/o a problem.

no signs of labor.  I've been at 3cm for a few weeks now, I get random sessions of BH contractions during the day too.

enjoying being a normal-risk pregnant this time as opposed to high risk with the first 2.  no 39w induction for me this time!  I am currently "allowed" to go to 41w if that's what my body decides to do.

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Acolily...I am in the same boat. Doc said I am still only dialated to a 1+ but am now 75% effaced. I'm soo ready to get this going.
    I have no appetite and am so stir crazy.
    Daddy wants to do nothing but nap, I'm ready to smother him with a pillow or turn on the music really loud.
  • I am 38 weeks today and no progress according to doctor. No dilation, effacement, and baby is not engaged. Definitely think he is comfy in there and in no rush.

Only symptoms so far are lots of Braxton Hicks throughout the day!!

Good luck to all you other late April mamas!!
  • I'm 38+5. Had my appointment today and am 2-3 cm dialated, 90% effaced, and he is at 0 station. She swept my membranes and I am now having waves of horrible cramps but my stomach is not getting hard. Before my stomach was hardening just had no cramps.

Anways good luck to all you other late April moms! I am so happy for everyone that has given birth already but it makes me want my son to be born now!
  • I'm 40 weeks +2. Uhh. I have no contractions, no dilation, no nausea, just hunger and excessive swelling. I've gained 14 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I've tried walking up and down hills.
    My doctor scheduled me to be induced on the 22nd, but I really want to get this labor started naturally
  • 39+5 not dilated AT ALL, very few contractions or cramping. Haven't lost my plug, really no change in discharge. I'm going to be pregnant forever. I have an ultrasound on Monday so they can check and make sure my fluids are good. But it's my first ultrasound since my gender one forever ago, so I'm pretty excited to get to see her since she doesn't want to make an appearance anytime soon
  • @astrat017 I woke up last night burning UP.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 39 and 2; being induced Saturday due to baby's size and my cervix is favorable for induction. Wishing he would come before induction, but he is still really high, stretching my stomach in the worst way. Still wrapping up things at work and hoping that all the running around and cleaning I have been doing will prompt him to come out!
  • Today is my due date and I have been up all night with contractions, lost my mucus plug, but since 2am there has been no progression and they are about 9 minutes apart, just enough to get absolutely no sleep, going to be a long day but I hope this means she's on her way soon!! So paranoid that this may stall
  • Good luck @cam12345 - contractions and mucus plug are good signs!! Keep us updated!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been like a furnace for a while now.
    All this week I've sweat my butt off all night, soaking my sheets.
  • 40 weeks 5 days .. Dialated only to 1 .. No contractions or loss of mucus plug. Getting very anxious
  • 38w4d was hoping for natural after csection 7 yrs ago with my first. With my 36 week visit baby was down low and ready. But saw Dr yesterday and he had moved, is now out the canal and with his head to the right, no dilation and not effaced. Been having lots of nausea, cramping, pressure, BH etc - was really surprised and disappointed with my appointment yesterday. Now seeing Dr again Wednesday and if things still looks like this we taking him out either Wednesday or Thursday!! Survived a csection once, so will have to do it again. Good luck to all the Ladies!!
  • 38w5d-I've been having contractions that I can feel coming on in my throat, it's super weird to explain. No loss of mucus plug but I've had increased CM. My back has been hurting a lot this week and I've had a hard time sleeping after 2am. My doctor hasn't given me an internal yet, that should come at my next appt on Sunday. 

DH is very impatient and anxious and asks every morning if today is baby's birthday! I'm excited for baby boy to come but I'm also not so anxious. I would be happy being pregnant for a few more weeks. I feel like this time has flown by way too fast! 

Me: 26 DH: 29
    3/13: Miscarriage
    11/13: Ectopic Pregnancy-removal of 1 fallopian tube

BFP: 8/21/14 

Moses born by emergency C-section 4/23/2015

It's a Boy!

• 38w5d-I've been having contractions that I can feel coming on in my throat, it's super weird to explain. No loss of mucus plug but I've had increased CM. My back has been hurting a lot this week and I've had a hard time sleeping after 2am. My doctor hasn't given me an internal yet, that should come at my next appt on Sunday. 

DH is very impatient and anxious and asks every morning if today is baby's birthday! I'm excited for baby boy to come but I'm also not so anxious. I would be happy being pregnant for a few more weeks. I feel like this time has flown by way too fast! 
    Contractions in your throat? Do they stay in your throat? I've been experiencing a very extreme tightness in my throat off and on throughout pregnancy. Super uncomfortable but I can tell that (in my case) it's related to acid reflux.
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Swollen feet, braxton hicks, pressure, cramping, and some lightening crotch. 38 weeks 1 day. I was 50% thinned out on Monday. Next drs appointment is Tuesday. Ultrasound to measure baby's weight. Hoping I go soon!
  • rld55rld55 member

I am feeling those same things. I have increased joint pain due to laxity causing me to waddle a bit. No contractions besides Braxton Hicks and I do have some increased sharp pains way south like baby wants to punch his way through. My head is feeling heavier but no headaches or vision changes. 38 weeks and 3 days today.

Contractions in your throat? Do they stay in your throat? I've been experiencing a very extreme tightness in my throat off and on throughout pregnancy. Super uncomfortable but I can tell that (in my case) it's related to acid reflux.
    They aren't in my throat but I can feel when a contraction will start because my throat feels weird and tight. It's really weird! I'd say it happens maybe like 5 times a day. 

Me: 26 DH: 29
    3/13: Miscarriage
    11/13: Ectopic Pregnancy-removal of 1 fallopian tube

BFP: 8/21/14 

Moses born by emergency C-section 4/23/2015

It's a Boy!

• 38 weeks and 4 days, no cramping yet,a lot of pressure down there but baby's head is down and engaged so makes sence! As of today I felt like I've been running to the toilet every few mins loosing stools (gross I know) haven't lost my mucos plug that I know of, pleanty of movement still. I've been getting a little bit of back pain but nothing out of the ordinary. Been getting Braxton hicks for a while now and my nausea has come back with avengence in the morrning and evening right around dinner time along with constant heartburn.
    Due 28th of April in with my doc this week and back to the hospital the following week day before baby is due so not quite sure what to expect them to say\do. Nervous and excited about the end is near.
  • 38weeks 4 days. My appointment Monday I was only 1.5cm and no dilation. Super achy and just exhausted all day took two naps. I also walked a mile and cleaned the house to try to make something happen bc i feel like i have the flu. Been having horrible gas for days with no bm which isnt normal for me I'm regular everyday, lightning crotch, sharp pains down my thigh, a few bh, very nauseous barely ate all day. So ready to meet baby girl and feel better! Anyone else feeling achy nauseous...
  • @rachalmedine I woke up this morning feeling the same way. Also have had a terrible headache that has come and gone. Felt like I have had no energy all day.
  • Good luck @cam12345 - contractions and mucus plug are good signs!! Keep us updated!!

Well I thought I lost my mucus plug but it wasn't until almost 24 hours later I ACTUALLY (u know it when you see it for sure) lost it, had contractions for over 24 hours and 6 hours of hard labour, she was born April 17th at 5:09 a.m.....until the day I started contractions I had NO signs of labour, good luck mommas!!

• I don't think this is a symptom but for the last like 5 hours my baby has not stopped moving. It's like he's having a dance party in there. I thought things were supposed to slow down. Not sure how mom gonna sleep but I'll give it a shot. Geez
  • Woke up 3 hours ago (4:30am) cramping. Have then become nauseated, vomited once. Dealing with diarrhea and more cramps. Really hoping it leads to something and is not just a stomach bug.
  • @astrat017 this happened to me too! He went bananas for a whole weekend. My midwife seemed non-plussed but said it could be baby getting into position. I'm just going to believe this for my sanity these last few weeks/days.
  • cam12345 said:

Good luck @cam12345 - contractions and mucus plug are good signs!! Keep us updated!!

Well I thought I lost my mucus plug but it wasn't until almost 24 hours later I ACTUALLY (u know it when you see it for sure) lost it, had contractions for over 24 hours and 6 hours of hard labour, she was born April 17th at 5:09 a.m.....until the day I started contractions I had NO signs of labour, good luck mommas!!

@cam12345 Awww! Congratulations!! :)  Thanks for coming back to update us.  Enjoy your new baby girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 38w4d. Had tons of strong BH contractions all weekend. It was so bad yesterday that all I could do was lay on my left side. Was trying to pack my hospital bag and had to give up. The end of pregnancy while running around after a crazy 22 month old is no joke.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Had an appt today at 38w + 3 days. 1cm dialated and 70% effaced. Feeling good about that!! It's something! Come on baby girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker