TTC after 35

Grad Checkin 4/14/2015

Hello
grads!...  How
are you all doing?

PLEASE
NOTE:  This post is for people who have posted on TTC>35 and have become pregnant and moved on from this board.  IF you are still TTC please refrain from posting any updates to this thread and only respond to our graduates.  TTC>35 updates for current members are posted weekly on Wednesday. Please post your updates on that thread.

QOTW:  What is your favorite family "comfort" food?  Bonus points for recipe...

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: Grad Checkin 4/14/2015

• @goldenkeys crap I forgot again. How is your mom?
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I am 11w2d today. Almost through the first trimester. I can't believe how quickly this is going. I am looking forward to moving out of 1st tri but don't want to rush it. Only thing beside my back is the exhaustion and extreme fatigue. It is really bad. I hope it gets better. Sadly, I think depression is moving in. Had problems with it when I was pregnant with my son. And of course always being exhausted and feeling useless and not being wanting to do anything from it doesn't help. 

I have an echo tomorrow. I hoping the tech will let me know what my EF is. If it is good, I can breath better on my heart until 3rd tri. Of course the exhaustion and sometime shortness of breath is not helping with the brain worrying about my heart function. I called my OB and since I will be in the building for my echo they are letting me come over and give blood for the MaterniT21. 

QOTW: Favorite family comfort food will always come from MH. Any of his soups, oxtail and his Collard Greens.  OH MY GoSH.  He makes a lot of soul food.  He was raised by his grandmother who worked the cotton fields in a small town in Georgia growing up.  It is amazingly delicious.

OMG I love oxtail soup/stew.. :-)      I'm sorry that you're not feeling that great, and I have everything crossed that you will have great results on your echo.

P.S.  My mom is doing much better... thanks for asking!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• @goldenkeys Thank you!  I love hormones.  I am so glad your mom it doing better!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014

• @teenie16 I was worried about you and wondering where you were.  I am glad everything is good!!!  Did the doctor see something at the u/s to suspect twins??
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014

• @sonpetitlapin Thank you so much. I'm fine I was just too much in my head that I had to back away for a little bit. He did see something but wouldn't elaborate. I think not to get our hopes up.... We go back in tomorrow for an update
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Hi! It's been a while since I checked in but I lurk a lot. I thought I posted in the grad check in last week but apparently not.

This is my second kid and my second time on the TTC>35 and PG>35 boards, both times have been equally wonderful groups of women.

A shout out to @kindershlitz and @guennie, congrats on your BFPs! Very exciting and you're both in my thoughts.

I'll be 36 weeks along in a couple days and I'm starting to see the finish line. I've been in bed rest for a few weeks now and it's hard to watch life go by without participating in it. It's totally worth it, of course, I'd just like to fast forward to holding my baby in my arms and not my belly. Thankfully he has continued to look healthy since we were released from perinatology back to the midwife a couple months ago. In fact, I have a feeling he's going to be a big one!

QOTW: I loooove macaroni and cheese. My favorite recipe isn't a family one, it's the stovetop Mac 'n cheese from the Best Recipes Cookbook. SO GOOD.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers