2nd Trimester
Options

HG moms

Any positive stories about symptoms slowing down? 15 weeks and no sign of relief yet. Still throwing up 30-40 times a day unless I take my medicine which I can't stand putting it in my body but I know it's better than throwing up. Also sick of IVs. Just looking for some positive stories

Re: HG moms

• Options

Symptoms are different for everyone so we cant tell you when you will feel better.

But why don't you want to take your medicine? A doctor wouldn't prescribe you something that wasn't safe. You need to stop vomiting (or vomiting as much) so that your body and your baby can get some vitamins and nutrients.

• Options
    3rd pregnancy Suffering with hg. Take your meds. That's best for and your baby. I'm only needing phenergan now that I'm 14 weeks. But I was on 4 total in the beginning. I stopped losing weight and going to the ER.good luck hun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AmommyBAmommyB member
    edited April 2015
    I had it with both my first and this baby. It was much worse with my first but let up right around my 2nd trimester beginning with this pregnancy . Phenergen was a life saver. I ask everyone who asks about this the same thing, are you dealing with just nausea or do you have reflux as well. I'm asking because I had both and did not start feeling better untill I treated both. I took phenergen for nausea and Nexium for reflux and was able to start feeling semi - normal again. All I can say is take your meds and try eating different things. You may hit a chord with something that stays down. Even if it isn't super healthy, it's better than nothing. Good luck, I know it's no fun!
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks and would be hospitalized if I didn't take the meds. I hope some point soon I can decrease my dosages, but if I can't and the baby is growing well then I'll tuff it out.
  • Options
    Lurking from the 3rd tri and had to share my experience with you.

Horrible HG first and second trimester until 28 weeks. Medicated with Zofran, Phenergan, Diclegis. Lost insane amounts of weight, little relief from IV fluids, and miserable.

Now at almost 32 weeks, I am experiencing the largest reprieve in symptoms and am able to quite a bit of food varieties and keep things down. I still have major food aversions, but they're more consistent and manageable.
    Staying hydrated is easier as liquids are more manageable and less likely to be triggers.
    I thought that there was no hope for improvement until delivery, but it happened!

It's different for everyone, but I have found some relief. I know you don't want to take your medications, but the benefits of being able to stop vomiting cycles and staying out of the hospital for a bit are well worth the side effects of these medicines. Be sure to communicate everything you're going through with your doctor, and if you're having an issue with medicine, let OB know so he/she can adjust your dosage or switch to another drug. HG is misery, but it can be managed if you very seriously advocate for yourself.

I'm thinking about you, and there is an amazing group on FB called "HG Warriors" that has women who have delivered healthy HG babies, that are currently going through everything from mild to severe HG. There are even funny moments on the page. It helped me so much when I felt so alone and isolated.

You CAN do this, and it does get better.
    At the worst, the women on the page have told me that as soon as the placenta is delivered, appetite returns. You can do this. You can do this.

• Options
  • Options
    Diceglis has helped me a lot! It isn't covered by a lot of insurances because it is new and there is not a generic for it but it really does help! I take two of those at night and a zofran 8mg the following afternoon and I'm down to only throwing up once or twice a day with some good days in there where I don't vomit at all! Talk to your doc about it! And on the plus side, it won't last forever! But take meds or the baby will not get any nutrients. Good luck! It will get better!!
  • Options
    I'm still taking my meds and I'm 23 weeks. Hopefully is eases for you and you can stop taking meds. I don't like taking meds either but its either hg or no hg. So I have no choice. We just hope baby is fine.
  • Options
    I refused to take any meds and was bedridden until about 16 weeks. I just woke up one day and was able to stand up and walk around and within a week I was back to my normal self. With the exception of muscle atrophy. I now experience regular nausea and vomiting, mostly just in the morning and when I'm hungry. But it is absolutely nothing compared to the HG. I don't know why it just dissappeared, but I think I'm pretty lucky that it didn't last longer than it did.
  • Options
    mkeipmkeip member
    Still suffering from HG at 21 weeks 5 days. tried everything...tried all the meds....no meds help. some days are good others horrible. hopefully it will get better soon.