Pregnant after 35

Any ideas for father-to-be or grandparents-to-be gifts?

Hi ladies,

I am due July 11, so Mother's Day and Father's Day will fall before LO is here.  Still, I would like to do a little something for my parents and my fiance on these days.  Our little honey badger is my parents' first (and may be only) grandchild.  My parents have been very supportive and helpful during the pregnancy and our engagement, and I want to do something for the future grandparents.

Any ideas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any ideas for father-to-be or grandparents-to-be gifts?

• Were you thinking something sentimental like a framed photo of you and your bump, or something that they can treat themselves with as a thank you for their support, like a meal to a nice restaurant?

Sentimental:
    - A cute book to read to baby that is father/grandparent oriented
    - A frame with an "IOU" of photo of baby, maybe voucher for professional photos with grandparents/baby
    - A mug with something cutesy on it about being a grandparent/Dad
    - A letter from baby or you of all the reasons he/she is excited to meet them and why they'll make an amazing father or grandparent.

Treats:
    - Restaurant voucher
    - Something for a hobby
    - A nice bottle of wine (potentially to drink once baby arrives)
    - A "night out" for DH perhaps with his friends or doing something you know he'd love like some movie he'd want to see, or a day out golfing or whatever his thing is.
    - Massage
    - Night in a hotel.
    - A basket of gourmet/favourite foods
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Those are great suggestions, @KateLouise!  I am thinking going the sentimental route.  I like the picture frame idea and the letter from baby.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Those are some great ideas!
    Father's day isn't until June 21, so there's still a chance you'll get to celebrate :)

I've been thinking about this too - was thinking about getting a Packer's onesie for baby boy... I guess more in honor of father's day than as a gift for dh... Since it's kind of a splurge, but something dh would enjoy.(and I just got him massage for our anniversary)

Grandparents.... Not really sure, probably just photos, or maybe one of those books where they can record their voice reading it... Since all grandparents live in a different state.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• I got my husband a messenger bag style diaper bag that is Army green and s T-shirt that says "dude, Im nurturing as hell". Ha ha
  • I love all of the "the best parents are promoted to grandparents" things!
  • LMJLLMJL member
    Mindaa- This is great! I wanted to get a Seahawks onesie, but this is the perfect time to get one for my man. I'll hold off on the jersey, b/c the baby won't be born until the end of the season, so we want to get one they can wear all next season. Plus, we won't know who their favorite player will be yet! :)