Pregnant after a Loss

Positive test after D&C

Hi
I am hoping this is the right place to post, haven't yet done this before, so my apologies if not. I am also not very good at the acronyms so I be that annoying long winded person.
Hoping somebody may be able to shed some light/hope on my situation. On Feb 25th this year hunny and I went for the first trimester screening test only to find out many complications with bub. D/S, missing body parts, heart condition. I was going on 13 weeks. We were given the bad news that if bub was to even survive the term it was likely she would be born blue. Hubby and I made the heart wrenching decision to terminate the pregnancy. I had D&C two days later on feb 27th. Two weeks after that I was back into hospital with some unusual discharge which was confirmed to be remaining products
Of conception. After that second D&C on March 14th, I had about a week of bleeding and then some
On and off clear vaginal discharge. We were advised to wait for atleast one period before trying again however two and a half weeks after hubby and I ended up having unprotected sex. Us disobedient rascals I know. I didn't have any unusual discharge until about a week ago I had some brown discharge in my panty liner (have been wearing them ever since D&C prepared for AF). It then went for a day or two and then I had a little bit more with a slightly more
Pinkish/whitish liquid look to it. Only had this once when I wiped... Now since then for the past couple of days it's back to brown mucus like discharge. Soo 4 weeks after second D&C and nearly 2 weeks after having unprotected sex I thought I should do a home preg test. Clear blue test came back positive 1-2 weeks..... So now I'm thinking what the.... Could this be possible pregnancy after only
1 time of unprotected sex... Or likely that it is remaining HCG LEVELS...

Help

Re: Positive test after D&C

• It could be remaining HCG levels but the best thing to do is get your levels checked at the doctor. A pregnancy test will show a positive result even when levels are low, but you need them below 5(if I remember rightly) to be able to start trying again.
    Either way, it sounds like a doctors visit is in order. Good luck!
  • I had to get blood tests every week for 4 weeks before my levels dropped enough to be discharged from hospital. It dragged on and on. It could be a new pregnancy but if you never saw a negative test it's difficult to say. I didn't wait either, even though the doctor told me to! Good luck.