Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

still waiting

I'm in the middle of this week of waiting for the double-check appointment, even though the baby stopped growing maybe a month ago. I've had a few very faint spots since the appointment, but not much else. I'm trying to figure out how long this process is supposed to take without assistance. I'm eager to move forward/dreading the process. 

Re: still waiting

• Options
    Oh wow...I am so sorry.  Are you going to have another scan or are they checking your HCG levels?
    Sending you support xo
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this.  I'm half way to my appointment, too.  I have to wait until Wednesday.  My baby's heart stopped beating nearly 3 weeks ago.  I had no idea my body would be capable of holding on this long.  Every little twinge or cramp has me thinking the bleeding has started, but nothing so far.  Honestly, I don't know if I even want it to happen naturally.  Part of me wants to avoid the d&c while another wants to avoid having to see it and feel it.  Every day that passes leaves me a little more emotionally raw.  I'm ready to move forward.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi everyone, so sorry for your loss!
    I had my mc this week
    Started spotting on 8april, Went to the doctor and he comfirmd it was a miscarriege, Maybe 2-3 days the heart stopped beating. 9april the bleeding began. 10 april i had my mc, 2 hours of cramping and then serieus painful cramping, got in the bathtub and then it happend. Alot came out. the sac was not compleet anymore. I saw the placenta and parts of the baby.
    I totally understand that some people can't handle this. But i needed it to get closer.
    Im very happy i chose the naturel way and didnt go in for a d/c (my doctor wanted to do the d/c right away)
    On monday im gonna go check if everything is out, i hope i dont gonna need a d/c anymore.
    My sister had a total different story
    she had an echo at 8weeks everything was fine. She went again at 12 weeks and the baby's heart stopped around 2 weeks before.. Her body didn't recognized the mc.. She wanted it natural and waited for 2 weeks..
    Alot of blood and pain went by but the foetus didnt come.. After two weeks she did the d/c

Every body is different ..

I hope you heal soon
    Lots of hugs !
    P.s sorry for the spelling! ( im french )

• Options
    Mela5Mela5 member
    Hey All, 

Thanks for your responses. I went for another scan (no blood tests) and there was no change, so they've given me medication to start the process. I'm under the impression that a natural m/c will be a long wait. 

I'm a little scared of how this is going to proceed, the pain, the length of time to recover. I am happy, however, that it is going to finally start. I'm very ready to move past this moment. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences. This helps a lot. 
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I'm so sorry :( the waiting sucks.
  • Options
    The waiting is the worst. :( I think it took me a little over 2 weeks.
  • Options
  • Options
    So sorry!
    I didnt have to wait long ( 2 days )
    4 days later the bleeding stopped and everything was back to normal.
    Went in for a check up and everything is ok, theres nothing there anymore (happy and sad at the same time :( )
    Hope you can have a quick recovery !
    Xo
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I am in the same situation, just waiting and waiting.. Hopefully it hurries up for both of us and we won't need a d and c. I know how heart breaking it is, hang in there. Hugs to you.
  • Options
    Mela5Mela5 member
    Thanks for your responses ladies. This seems like a strange way to put this - but I'm happy to report it has started. That is a strange sentence. 

For all of the emotional up and downs since last week, I am happy that this process in now underway. I'm trying to look at it as the door closing and a window opening. I am not trapped in a room with worsening pregnancy symptoms and no baby. This is the way out of this situation, for all the anger and sadness I feel, I am very happy to be able to crawl out the window. 

• Options
    So sorry for all your losses. My dr told me that your body usually recognizes the miscarriage around week 12 if it hadn't already. I found out at 9 weeks 3 days my baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks 5 days. I don't start a natural miscarriage till 11 weeks 5 days.