Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Low amh. Any others who need some uplifting words ?!? :)

WaitingMay14WaitingMay14 member
edited April 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hey all,

I'm new here I sought out this after visiting my RE and receiving some pretty daunting news. I am 28 and was told that I have extremely low amh, low AFC and if it couldn't get worse endometriosis.

Needless to say the car ride home was a crying session. I sought out others stories to help lift me up and found this site.

Please bear with me as I am just learning to navigate.

I've carried this quotation with my on our journey of TTC...

"This too shall pass"
After a full year of TTC
I just began my first clomid iui and shot cycle this month even though I was told it was only a 8% chance. I'm praying for a miracle. If not after three cycles we move to IVF.

So happy to have found a forum of such uplifting ladies. Keep it up girls.... Thanks for welcoming me :)

Re: Low amh. Any others who need some uplifting words ?!? :)

• Options
    ecmbecmb member
    Welcome!

Sorry for your struggle and glad you've come here for knowledge and support. A lot of the women here have had their own struggles with the TTC journey so you're in good company. Best of luck to you as you continue on your journey!

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options
    Hi there - I'm only on cycle 6 of TTC so I have no experience with your situation,but I am sorry that you have to go through this. As PP said, you are in good company here as there are many women here with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. 

Fx that you and DH are successful in your treatments now that a problem has been identified.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both !!!!! I am excited to hear others positive news. We all gotta stick together. Ultra sound Tomm praying for some good follies !!!!
  • Options
    I wish the best of luck to you on your journey! Don't lose hope!
    Anniversary

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear you are going through this. Best of luck to you.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Thank you. The support is tremendous. I hope my story can help give others some hope. :)
  • Options
    @mbkehayas so sorry to hear about your diagnoses.  As you said, this too shall pass.  It always does.  Until then, just keep breathing and know that positive energy is coming your way! 

Me:  28
    DH:  32
    BFP:  10.18.15
    MMC:  12.9.15 
    TTCAL:  January 2016

• Options
    Thanks @nrwoodward it means a lot. I am trying to remain positive I am super excited to see how the medication worked with my body. I'm hoping for a huge diff in follies :) keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Update:

Went to dr this am 3 fairly large follicles set to have iui on wed am after I administer ovidrel shot Tomm am. Keeping myself sane we as I know there are more steps to go. Happy that my body responded to the medication.

• Options
    T&P for you @mbkehayas!
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mbkehayas said:

Update:

Went to dr this am 3 fairly large follicles set to have iui on wed am after I administer ovidrel shot Tomm am. Keeping myself sane we as I know there are more steps to go. Happy that my body responded to the medication.

Good luck!  3 follies is great news.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Thank you @TheBorg7of9 and @kmcconnell22

Now to do this shot Tomm and mentally prepare myself for this procedure. Something you want so bad that just totally not in our control !!!!

Appreciate all your kind words !!!!!
  • Options
    mbkehayas said:

Now to do this shot Tomm and mentally prepare myself for this procedure. Something you want so bad that just totally not in our control !!!!

I thought it was kind of fun (exciting) to make my husband give me a shot in the ass, but maybe that's just me. :)
    My TTC History:
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)

My Charts since 2009

• Options

mbkehayas said:

I thought it was kind of fun (exciting) to make my husband give me a shot in the ass, but maybe that's just me. :)
    Kinky, lol
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    I am 25 and recently found a few months ago I have low AMH. Do you know your number? Mine is .75 and my FSH is 11. I guess I have premature ovarian aging. I also cried a lot! My fiancé has a very low sperm count so we are giving him a few more months on clomid before moving forward with IUI or IVF depending on his results. I have searched the internet for others' success stories with POV and have found a lot! That was definitely helpful for me. Good luck with IUI. I hope it works, I would love to hear how things turn out!
  • Options
    Awwww @tennesseelove mine was .457 which is awful. My fsh level at last draw was 6 then the following month a 12.8. Honestly to me their only numbers. I have started taking dhea supplement juicing and trying to change my mentality to I can do this. How much clomid were you on ?!? I'm on 100 mg plus ovidrel shot and iui. You're numbers aren't that bad?!? More close to normal then you think.

What has your dr done!?! Are you being overseen by a RE?! Do you have any vitamin deficiencies !!? I have a b and d which I read can cause low amh !!?

There are meds to help his sperm count to!! Ill keep you updated all these positive thoughts are really helping me so thanks ladies !!!!!!

I think I surprised my dr !!!!! Let's go follies !!!
  • Options
    I've read a lot of success stories with lower amh then yours so keep positive! I do have an RE and I feel like he may have tried to scare me straight into IVF but I decided to wait until after my wedding in June. I've not actually on clomid, my fiancé is. Apparently it improves sperm count and quality too. He only has about 4million sperm so he has a ways to go. But we are making a lot of lifestyle changes too. I started the restoring fertility yoga and it's awesome. I too am taking dhea and also coq10. I only have a slight vitamin d deficiency and I take supplements for that too. Hopefully all we have to do for this will pay off!
  • Options
    @tennesseelove I had no idea men could take it that's great. Don't let him push you towards Ivf it's more successful that's why give it some time continue with your lifestyle change and look into accupuncture.

Are you being monitored for your vit deficiency!!? I believe that can help your count.

I think your being proactive. I've been with my DH 13 years never thought after being so careful not conceiving would lead to this heartache. Funny how things work out. Since it's been 3 years married and a year of continuous TTC we sought out help at 7 months in and was told about my AMH. Hoping for a miracle !!!!!!!

I'll keep you posted !!!!! Best wishes :)
  • Options
    If give clomid a shot first. It's a personal preference but it's a huge financial difference.
  • Options
    Shot done this am. What a baby am I. Lol. I have three holes to prove it as I stuck myself but didn't have enough guts to actually push it through. It wasn't bad at all. A little pinch.

iui scheduled for 830 am Tomm. Ovulation cramps most of the day. Hoping one of those three follies release a healthy egg.

Thoughts and prayers please.

Thanks for all of your support ladies this is a wonderful site with a ton of personal anecdotes and lots of encouragement :)

• Options
    Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow!  Definitely keep us updated.  :)
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Options
    Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to here how everything turns out.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks
  • Options
    Hello all,

Had my procedure this morning. It was very quick and not painful (basically like a pap). Today I've been incredibly crampy. I think it's more of the ovidrel shot since I had 3 mature follies. I've read that they chances of conception with iui is low so I'm being cautious in how I think for the next two weeks.

Thanks for all the support.
  • Options
    Good luck to you @WaitingMay14 - Fx for you.
  • Options
    Thanks. :);)
  • Options
    And the wait begins... :(
  • Options

And the wait begins... :(

FX for you!   :)
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Options
    So I made the mistake of testing early to do that whole" test out" thing but the line from 4 dpo is now darker at 7 dpo could this just be the remainder of the trigger shot leaving my body.

Tomm I will be 8 dpo
    Thanks guys !!!!!!
  • Options
    Today in am I tested again. This whole test out thing has "bad idea" written all over it but I can't stop now. I'm 10 dpo and I still have a positive reading. How long have you ladies experienced a positive reading ? It's the same since 4 dpo but I'd say stronger ?!? It's gotta leave soon so I can actually test for real.

I know it's not proper etiquette to post bfp but I want to know how other ladies have dealt with trigger shots!?!thanks a ton :)
  • Options
    TheBorg7of9TheBorg7of9 member
    edited April 2015
    My test was positive from 1 day past trigger to 7 days past the trigger (5 days past O).  It was negative at 8 days past trigger and 6 dpo.  I didn't test at 7, 8 or 9 dpo.  Then it was positive again at 10dpo.  I'll try to attach a picture of my crazy obsessive testing.  The marker in the middle represents the 3 day break in testing.

ETA: How do you attach a picture?
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Did it turn out to be a pregnancy ?! I've read that it's typical for it to be gone between 7-10 dpo but I've heard others getting false positives at 12-14 ugh.

My RE never warned me about testing thank goodness I did my research. Cramping today too...not sure what to think. Thanks @TheBorg7of9 :) you seem very knowledgable
  • Options
    TheBorg7of9TheBorg7of9 member
    edited April 2015

My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• Options

Did it turn out to be a pregnancy ?! I've read that it's typical for it to be gone between 7-10 dpo but I've heard others getting false positives at 12-14 ugh.

My RE never warned me about testing thank goodness I did my research. Cramping today too...not sure what to think. Thanks @TheBorg7of9 :) you seem very knowledgable

Yes.  He just turned 3.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know whether your test is positive because of the trigger or pregnancy, unless your doctor does a beta and checks for rising numbers.  Are you getting a blood test?
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Since I'm not due I didn't call them. Not sure if they would even beta since it could be the trigger. Maybe I should call and talk to the nurse tomm!!!
  • Options

Since I'm not due I didn't call them. Not sure if they would even beta since it could be the trigger. Maybe I should call and talk to the nurse tomm!!!

They should have given you instructions for when to test or when to come in for a blood test.
    My TTC History:

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I'll test in am. Call if it's still positive. They told me to call if I get my period or if I miss it. Lol. I will call toMM and tell them what's going on. Maybe they will draw a beta. Keep you posted !!!!! Thanks again.