February 2015 Moms
Options

New momma and new to this board

Hi Ladies,

I won't bore you with a long introduction but suffice it to say that I gave birth to my beautiful little girl Simone on February 26th after enduring 36 hours of a failed induction and then an emergency csection once her heartrate started to plummet.  After the operation all hell broke loose when I developed a fever, pulmonary edema and shallow breathing.  Thankfully I recovered after about a week in the hospital and all is good now. Anyhoo, I am 44 so this is my first and last child, which I was lucky enough to conceive naturally after about 5 months of trying.  We are Jamaican, thus my user name- I have dual citizenship, Jamaican and US and hubby is here on a visa.  I understand I am joining you all at this very late stage but I am struggling with some post partum issues and could use some support. Congratulations to you all on your bundles of joy.

Oh and I love snark so bring it on :-)

Re: New momma and new to this board

• Options
    welcome to the board! It's pretty quiet and dead here compared to a few months ago, but the other moms seem friendly and give ernest and honest advice. Your baby is beautiful, I'm so glad that everything is well with you now. Your delivery story sounds harrowing. I'm on number four, a boy, I also have another boy and two girls. I did experience some postpartum anxiety after my second child, so feel free to private message me.
  • Options
    I had my baby girl on February 24th after 56 hours of labor, 24 of those hours I dealt with a very severe case of the labor shakes, and a failed induction as well. I too had to have an emergency cesarean after discovering that her vitals would drop whenever I would roll over onto my right side. It was discovered, during the surgery, that I had 75% more amniotic fluid than the average woman and a WAY longer cord than I should have had, which all caused her to get the cord wrapped around her neck and one of her legs; causing her vitals to drop whenever I would roll to my right side.

I did not, however, experience the fever and shallow breathing. I can't imagine how scary that must have been and I am sorry you had to go through it. But like @Dannylion24 said, this group has become super quiet since the bumps' existential "Big Bang" crisis back in late January/early February. But the women who do remain and those that have since joined after the fiasco, are all wonderful and extremely helpful.

Welcome! And congrats on your new addition to the family! She is gorgeous!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I also had a traumatic delivery. I had a vaginal birth, but had a second degree tear and multiple internal lacerations. The baby decided it was a good idea to come thru the birth canal with her hand next to her head! This caused me to have massive blood loss, but thankfully I avoided a transfusion.

My daughter, Kairi, had to get her lungs pumped out but we are both alive and well now! I could have never imagined what might happen!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby #1 On the way!
  • Options
    Hello! I joined this site a little later as well. I also had an emergency c section since the cord was wrapped all around her! I was pretty bummed about this but very thankful that we did it because she is such a healthy baby girl! Since delivery I have struggled a bit with breastfeeding (had mastitis due to engorgement and clogged but now have settling for mostly pumping with occasional nursing to make sure I can still get her to latch.

Congrats on your little one! And know you aren't alone with the struggles even with having a beautiful baby!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Our babies share the same birthday and playmat lol. I also had a failed induction that led to c section. Luckily it was smooth sailing after that. I'm glad to hear that you and your cutie are healthy now.
  • Options
    Welcome! There's not a lot of snark left. My boy was 2/19. Not a super interesting story here. First baby- didn't know what labor felt like so by the time I got to the hospital I couldn't get an epidural. Biggest sadness of my life. Baby came an hour or so later. Now I have a huge fat 14lb monster (he was 7lbs10oz.). :)