Trouble TTC
Options

mariah bruin

Ok so I'm 17 almost 18 years old. I've been TTC for about a year now. I've had no success in trying. I am currently 16 days late on my period, it was last on February 22, and I've taken 2 first response pregnancy tests. One last night and one this morning. They both said negative. Is it to soo to test? Or is something possibly wrong and I need to co sult a Dr? I'm scared guys...

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I forgot to mention my period is alwaysthe same time fframe. Its never been late or off by this many days
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Another thing to keep in mind is that you are 18 (no judgment on the TTC, so keep reading!) Your hormones are still shifting and changing rapidly and likely will for a few more years. Just because your cycle has been one length for the last several years, it doesn't mean that it will stay that way. 

Other than that, the advice the PP gave you is great!
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    So should I just wait and see if I get myperiod? Today is day 52 in my cycle. And how long should I wait before i consult someone?
  • Options
    It is perfectly normal for women to miss their period from time to time without pregnant. I believe the general guideline is that if you miss a second period then you should talk to your doctor about it. Either way you could call your doctor's office and ask over the phone what their recommendation would be.
  • Options
    @Mariahbruin213  You may be having an anovulatory cycle.   Most women will have at least one in their lifetime.    I would call the OBGYN after 60 days of no period.   Some people wait longer, but since your are TTC you might need something to jump start your cycle.   She might check your levels to see if you have a cyst as well (not to scare you... those are common too).

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc