3rd Trimester
Options

Nursing Jammies

will you purchase some?
I thought maybe a nice splurge to have something new to wear in the hospital..but they're so pricey, and kind of unnecessary. Thoughts?

Re: Nursing Jammies

• Options
    You literally read my mine. I was just looking them up this afternoon. I want some but they are pricey!
  • Options
    I am going to splurge and buy one nightgown with matching robe from motherhood maternity. I like the ones with the pants and a shirt but I'm having a c section and will not be wearing pants till I need to leave. I figure one nice gift for myself can't hurt :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recommend just using a nursing tank and whatever bottoms you normally wear. The dress type pajamas are not supportive and I had problems keeping my nursing pads in them to protect against leaks. Also, you're going to want pants or shorts to help hold up the enormous maxi pads you'll be wearing.
  • Options
    You might want to check your Kohl's. While they don't carry maternity in-store anymore, anything someone returns is marked down and put on the racks in the lingerie section. Last week I got a nursing gown and robe set for $8 on clearance! New with tags. I was excited! But I usually do just as the pp mentioned: nursing tank with comfy PJ bottoms.
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• Options
    Not sure if this is helpful, but I've had 2 babies and breastfed both of them. I would recommend, if you're planning on having company at your house or even in the hospital, to keep a comfy robe on hand so you can spend as much time as you want in your nightgown/jammies and not worry about flashing everyone.

I just wear regular 2 piece pajamas and lift up the shirt to nurse. I have gotten new pajamas with the births of my babies, but I haven't needed official nursing ones (couldn't find anyting in colors or patterns I liked). The regular pajamas have been fine. I just bought a size up so they were loose and comfy.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I did yoga pants and a tee shirt with a Warners sleep bra from WalMart. I bled all over my pants so I'm glad I was wearing ratty black yoga pants and not cute new jammies!

• Options
    I bought a nursing nightgown and matching robe on the kohls website and it was only $30. I loved the idea of a nursing gown because when I had my first they were always checking my downstairs after birth so I figured not wearing pants will be convenient.