Babies on the Brain

When is the best time to get pregnant?

I am trying to get pregnant.

Re: When is the best time to get pregnant?

• I'm not really sure on what you are asking. I highly suggest for you to scope out all the boards and discussion posts, as each has a wealth of information. To have your best odds of getting pregnant you should be taking your BBT to know when you ovulate. Without knowing ovulation it is a lot harder to know when the most fertile time to get pregnant is. Download Fertility Friend and watch the videos that explain how to use it.  A healthy couple can take up to a year to get pregnant and every month is a 20% chance on conceiving, so do know that it may take time to get pregnant. I wish you the best! 

This board may also have some useful information for you: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12555891/if-you-could-tell-a-newbie-anything/p1 

Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• I second the PP. It's incredibly difficult - might even be impossible - to "choose" a time to get pregnant naturally. You have to hit your fertile window, which can take healthy couples months to hit the bullseye. Definitely check out that thread, start charting your BBT, and lurk around. You'll learn a lot about the realities of TTC. 

Good luck! 
    DH (23) and Me (23)
    Married 1/20/2015
    TTC #1 in August 2015! 
  • Loading the player...
  • When both you and your partner are ready.

And during your fertile window.
  • The best time to try and conceive is during the ‘fertile window’ of the menstrual cycle; this is different for different women.
  • If I could choose when I get pregnant, I think I would choose July to conceive because the first trimester you don't really get affected too awful much by the heat and the rest of the pregnancy would be during the cooler/colder months when temperature really mattered.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • You should read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It gives you everything you could possibly need to know for determining when you're fertile.