Trying to Get Pregnant

Question please help

i had sex a few days ago with my hubby and now I'm spotting, I just had my period so I can't be starting now, we are ttc so no protection. Please help just odd and idk if I should call my doctor or what.

Re: Question please help

• 27alex27alex member
    edited April 2015
    Read the community guidelines.

Spotting happens, and is normal.

There's absolutely no reason to call your doctor.
  • Ditto ^. Mid cycle spotting is completely normal. No need to call the doc.
  • Loading the player...
  • i had sex a few days ago with my hubby and now I'm spotting, I just had my period so I can't be starting now, we are ttc so no protection. Please help just odd and idk if I should call my doctor or what.

Hello and welcome!

One incident of spotting (or even several incidents of spotting) is normal and nothing to worry about. There's no reason to call your doctor. Spotting can be caused by an irritated cervix from sex, ovulation, implantation, coming off the pill or no reason at all. There's no way for you to tell what your spotting is caused by.

If you want to understand your cycles more, you should read all the posts on this board and do the courses on fertility friend. Good luck!
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Did you just stop birth control pills/ring/patch/etc? It can take a while when you come off BC for your cycle to regulate. Spoting at anytime can be and probably is normal. Your hormones are regulating and your body is catching up. Good luck TTC!
  • I haven't been on birth control since 08. Went to the doctors and all checked out okay. It's just the break through bleeding. Is there a chance we could become pregnant during a breakthrough? Btw I'm 25 and I have had one child already she is 5. Besides that I have been "spotting" for two weeks now.. :( just frustrated.
  • I haven't been on birth control since 08. Went to the doctors and all checked out okay. It's just the break through bleeding. Is there a chance we could become pregnant during a breakthrough? Btw I'm 25 and I have had one child already she is 5. Besides that I have been "spotting" for two weeks now.. :( just frustrated.

I'm sorry you've been spotting for two weeks. I had two weeks of full flow in February and March.
    Anyway, yes, you can get pregnant during breakthrough bleeding. You really need to learn how your cycles work. I would recommend reading other threads on this board, doing the tutorials on fertility friend.com, charting your temps, and reading taking charge of your fertility by Toni weschler. Charting your temps is the ONLY way for you to know what's going on with your body. I highly recommend it. It will honestly change your life.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I just started taking my temp because of that. I have had normal cycles for awhile. I will Che k out that site I have beer heard of it. Thank you everyone!