December 2014 Moms

Help! Transitioning out of swaddling

FavoriteOneFavoriteOne member
edited April 2015 in December 2014 Moms
Any experienced mamas have tips on how to transition out of swaddling? DS is almost 4 months old & is busting out of his blankets anyway, which I don't think is safe for him to sleep in anymore. He doesn't like being swaddled, but nothing else helps him sleep. Help!

Re: Help! Transitioning out of swaddling

• Our doctor told us at our 4 month appointment, we definitely needed to stop swaddling. So good for you on being ahead of that. We also got the Merlin Magic Sleep Suit and it's been amazing! As an added bonus, your LO will look delightfully silly in the suit. :) 
  • Halo makes a sleepsack that has the swaddle feature around the chest to give them the "hug" feeling without restricting movement

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We use the miracle blanket, it's really the only one that can keep our baby swaddled. And my hubby is a pro swaddler!
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Thanks everyone!
  • We used the swaddleup 50/50 to transition out of swaddling. Worked like a charm for us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We use the Merlin sleep suit too. He transitioned to it really well.
  • I love the halo sacks!
  • We used the swaddleup 50/50 to transition out of swaddling. Worked like a charm for us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Just wanted to second (or third) the Halo sleep sack!
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We so use the baby Merlin sleep suit !! So far so good
  • It depends on if your LO can roll. I've heard so many amazing things about the sleep suit but if baby can roll they are a no go according to what I've read. Because my LO started rolling at just shy of 3.5 months golf I got a Zipadee-Zip swaddle transition/wearable blanket that seems to be helping a lot more than just going cold turkey. It's totally safe for rolling babes because they can get their arms under them to be able to lift their heads :)