2nd Trimester

New-mom must-haves no one tells you about

bumptarabumptara admin
edited April 2015 in 2nd Trimester
We hear all the time from our new moms that they feel inundated with too many so-called “must-haves”. We’re here to let you in on our secret: 11 items that will actually make your life easier. (Don’t worry, you can thank us later!)

What baby products do you swear by?

Re: New-mom must-haves no one tells you about

• 4Mom mamaroo is a great product! Another must have is a baby shusher! check out some of the youtube videos. They are awesome.
  • Loading the player...
  • White noise machine!

Great suggestion! Does it help your LO get to sleep?
  • Absolutely a white noise machine!! We even use them in the newborn studio to keep our photography models fast asleep. The sounds replicate noises in the womb, from heart beats to static. Absolutely on the top of my list.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I need your guys help. I had a ultrasound at 18 weeks and 6 days. The tech told me boy...but I asked my friends and family that I think its a girl...I have 5 boys and 2 girls..my boys parts looked different then this...it looks like vulva parts...but not sure. Please let me know what you guys think...thank YOU...I circled the parts...
  • dalziendalzien member
    I fell in love with my wraps and Tula. Honestly a good quality carrier will be a lifesaver. I also agree with PP about the Cloud B sheep. We have one and I wouldn't dare go without it. We also bought the Cloud B turtle for the stars as an alternative to a night light. It's more a "nice to have" item, but at night our DD asks for "the stars".
  • dalzien said:

I fell in love with my wraps and Tula. Honestly a good quality carrier will be a lifesaver. I also agree with PP about the Cloud B sheep. We have one and I wouldn't dare go without it. We also bought the Cloud B turtle for the stars as an alternative to a night light. It's more a "nice to have" item, but at night our DD asks for "the stars".

Cute and functional!! So nice to hear it's bringing your DD comfort at night :) 
  • I would have to say a Boppy pillow ESPECIALLY after a c-section, breast pump (if you breastfeed), I found the simple ones you get for free from the hospital, such as a manual pump wayyyy better than electronic. No one ever tells you the electronic ones are extremely loud and annoying!  I loved using the sleep positioners for my babies too. I never used a white noise machine, but I always had a fan on in my children's rooms and it does in fact help them sleep.  I loved using the swaddles too, especially the Velcro ones that are easy. You just slide the baby in the leg area, and wrap them, and velcro it. BOOM easy and they love it! (well mine did..)
    Another thing, one of those washcloth like things.. cozy cloth bath warming towel. You get it wet with the warm water, and put it on their body so when you bath them, they don't get cold.  When I didn't use it, I noticed they would shiver.. because we all know those baby tubs don't hold much water, so these are definitely helpful for bath time! 

35 Weeks with Baby Boy #3 

Jace Thomas- 2 years old and Zachary William 5 years old!

• I'm getting one of these this time, its weighted so it helps hold the binki in:
  • I'm getting one of these this time, its weighted so it helps hold the binki in:

Super cute!!
  • I swore by the Moby Wrap. It was so easy when my first was small to not have to haul around that car seat that weighs a lot. After I actually learned how to put it on, and the different ways to do it, super easy. I loved the boppy pillow, my daughter still uses it just to lay around. Footsie pajamas were amazing, we like to keep our room cold and bringing in a newborn into a cold bedroom to sleep is not suitable, so with the pajamas I knew that she would stay warm and there was no risk of SIDS
  • BumpTara said:

We hear all the time from our new moms that they feel inundated with too many so-called “must-haves”. We’re here to let you in on our secret: 11 items that will actually make your life easier. (Don’t worry, you can thank us later!)

What baby products do you swear by?

Sophie!!! This is a French product and there was a huge celebration for her birthday here in Paris last week --- just to give you an idea of how seriously this toy is taken. I love that it's the top of the list. Apparently this really is a must-have; my niece is already on her second one (she chewed the face off of her first.)