1st Trimester
Options

Anyone using progesterone supplements?

canalvaradocanalvarado member
edited April 2015 in 1st Trimester
I am 8 weeks and was just was prescribed crinone 8% because I have been spotting. I've only used it once but I'm a little weary of using it and the risk of birth defects. Did anyone get prescribed progesterone for this reason and does it help? Does anyone know long term effects or effects on baby?

Thanks for any advice!

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    I highly recommend you take it!! It will support your pregnancy. After 3 miscarriages I was placed on progesterone straight away in my forth pregnancy, I just gave birth a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Im on cyclogest due to miscarriages l have had in the past,im living each day on the edge hoping for the best
  • Options
    I have Been on progesterone since my iui I'm 5 weeks today and take it twice a day also I'm on estergon tabs as well as asprin and an injectable blood thinner
  • Options
    I'm on 100 mg once a day mine was a 9 then next week a 8.8 so i started taking 200 mg and I go Tuesday for a ultrasound I'm so worried cause I know that's really low.. :(
  • Options
    I'm on it :) 200 mg a day
  • Options
    I'm on it :) I haven't heard anything about risks to the baby, only discomfort to the mommy! You'll probably have exaggerated pregnancy symptoms, like the bloating, exhaustion, and headaches, but if it's prescribed, I promise the benefit is worth it. It's not for too long, usually until you're about 12 weeks or so, depending on your doctor, and will help ensure that you can sustain your pregnancy. I didn't realize, but it's a little more common than you'd think. No worries!
  • Options
    I'm on it as well. Prometrium 100mg once a day. Only side effects at first was cramping which went away after a couple days and now I have some acne and feel bloated. Other wise I feel fine. My doctor has me taking it vaginally. I told me doctor I thought I had a short luteal phase and after a mc in Feb he told me as soon as I was pregnant I would be put on it. I was actually spotting when I got my bfp and the progesterone stopped it right away. I am almost 6 weeks and go in a week for our first u/s. I was told there is no harm to baby in taking it.
  • Options
    I'm on it also. Today is my last day of taking it. I've been on it since my IUI ( 3x a day, vaginally) and I'm now 10 weeks!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm also on it. I've heard/and read that there are no birth defects for the baby. The doctors I've talked to have said their is no harm at all. I have different friends who used it with their kids and now each one of those friends have super smart kids- like testing out of grade level smarts- but who knows if that is really the link. So far the only symptom I get is to be super exhausted so I take it at night half an hour before bed. It is bringing me some hope after three mc in a row!
  • Options
    I was on it for 27 weeks with my son. My progesterone was low almost the whole way through. I just found out I'm pregnant and going to doctors today to test my progesterone levels...I'm sure I'll be put on it again this time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me:34      DH:41      1 son: 6       2 step sons: 18, 12

BFP: 4/24/08 - Missed Miscarriage found 5/29/08

BFP: 11/21/08 - DS born 7/13/09

BFP:5/8/14  - Chemical pregnancy

BFP: 4/11/15....stick baby stick!!!

• Options
    Hey! I was put on progesterone two days ago. I believe I may be close to five weeks. My level was 10.7. I had another blood test today but I am awaiting results. 
  • Options
    I was put on it yesterday, 200 mg before bed each night bc my levels were low. I was bleeding on Monday, and when I went to the doctor Tuesday they ran a lot of tests. I'm still early in my pregnancy, so I was worried but I believe that's the reason I bled. I was nervous at first but I've researched it, and I hear the benefits are worth it. I'm really glad I saw this discussion, it gave me tons of peace of mind to see I'm not the only one and it's common!