June 2014 Moms
Options

Nose freida and saline drops for runny nose?

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here for while, but I always turn to the Bump for answers  My LO is 10 mos and is congested with a runny nose for the first time.  I don't have (nor have ever used) a nose frieda and saline drops.  Are these the best recourse?  He's not stuffy, but runny. Thats my question.  It seems like that combo would work for stuffed up but is it the same for runny?  Or any other suggestions for things that have worked for you?  I don't fell like this is Dr visit worthy, prob just teething or allergies. TIA!

FYI - I posted this exact same post in 9-12 but thought id try here too :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nose freida and saline drops for runny nose?

• Options
    I don't think it will work that great for runny. I usually just ride the runny nose out. You could use Frieda and it might help extract some of it but I'm not sure the saline would help much.
  • Options
    I would use the nose frida if its really bad, but probably stay away from the saline unless he seems congested too.  It might also be allergies.  Try and keep his skin dry and use some vaseline to prevent chapping.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mgarrison3mgarrison3 member
    edited May 2015
    I would use them both. A couples of drops will help loosen any hard mucus & help get all the runny mucus out too. Followed up by Freda which is our best friend at home!! Since they can not blow their own noses you are just helping :)