Potty Training

Any potty training tip for a girl?

my daughter is 2.5, we are potty training. She does really well when I sit her on the potty but only when I sit her on the potty. Every day I tell give her a pep talk and tell her if she feels like she need to potty to yell "POTTY!" But she ends up going in her pull up. I also try to remind her every hour and she usually says "no thank you no potty" lol. I need tips or help!

Re: Any potty training tip for a girl?

• dns05dns05 member
    She may not be completely ready yet.  I went through a similar thing when my daughter was 2.5.  I could sit her on the potty, and she didn't mind, but she wouldn't actually go.  It sounds like your daughter will go if you sit her down, but she needs to be capable of telling you when she has to go. Sometimes, that comes with a little more maturity.  Otherwise, you're making things harder on yourself.  I'd consider getting rid of the pull ups.  My daughter treated them like a diaper.  She'd pee in them right after I took her off the potty.  A couple months before my daughter turned 3, it just clicked for her.  I had her go commando and took her to the potty often.  Those extra couple months made a huge difference.  She was completely day time trained within a few days (pee and poop), and night time trained shortly after.  She was finally ready to tell us when she had to go, so she only had maybe two accidents and that was it. Best of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker