Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Why do you cloth diaper?

Money? Environment? No chemicals? Allergies?Other?

Re: Why do you cloth diaper?

• Options
    I have a year's mat leave, with very little income during that time (I'm single), so it will save me a ton of money, and I'm home anyway.  My output for diapers, buying new, is about $400, and will last until the lo is toilet trained since the new ones work from 7lbs to 35lbs.  Also uncertain if I will be able to breastfeed, so the thought of having to buy both diapers and formula was daunting as well.
  • Options
    I think they're really cute and I think they smell better than disposable diapers.  The cuteness, money saved, and the combination of less environmental waste and chemicals on my baby (neither of those is HUGE to me, but both are really nice) sealed the deal.  I don't think they're very difficult either and I really like never HAVING to run to the store because we're out.  I can just do a load of laundry when we're running low.
    Missed Miscarriage 9 weeks/Missed Miscarriage 12 weeks/Natural Miscarriage 5.5 weeks
    BFP 11/6/09. Rory Anne Born 6/28/10!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No chemicals was the #1 reason.  The environmental concerns and money were #2 & #3.  I just personally can't imagine having chemicals all up against my babies most sensitive areas.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options

Environment was my #1 reason. #2 was money, because we only have to invest the money once and use the diapers for all future babies!!!

• Options
    Our son had a sensitive bum so we started him at about a year old. With our daughter we've been doing both cloth and disposable for now and we can already tell she has a sensitive bum. We are working toward all cloth though to help her skin, save money, and decrease our waste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Save money & avoid chemicals.

• Options
    LeaALeaA member

To save money and because they contain smells and blowouts. My son use to have massive poop explosions in disposables. The cloth diapers work much better.