Orange County Babies
Options

anyone delivering or have delivered at UCI ?

I'm a FTM & due April 18. I'm delivering at UCI. I know its a really nice hospital but would just like to hear other moms experiences & thoughts on it.

Re: anyone delivering or have delivered at UCI ?

• Options
    qng11qng11 member
    I am also considering having my delivery at UCI.  I will be having my first OB appointment next week.  @pumpkin138 - during your doctor visits throughout your pregnancy, were you actually seen by your assigned OB?  Or were you seen by the medical students/residents?  I don't mind if the residents are present, but I am hoping I will be at least seen by my OB. Did you see the same nurse each time? Since this is a teaching hospital, I wonder if my OB will be the one delivering my baby?  Or will I be delivered by medical students/residents?  What is your experience with UCI thus far?  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
  • Options
    I actually came here looking for the EXACT same thing. I am due late December. Please, if there are any women out there who have delivered at UCI...share your experience! I did the tour last month and the hospital seemed really great. Everything is super updated and clean (as a hospital should be). It also didn't feel like they would treat me and other women as if we are on a McDonald's line waiting to give birth (I heard Hoag can be like that at times). The head maternity nurse was so sweet as well. Private rooms as well! I would highly suggest the tour, I was the only one on the tour who wasn't even showing yet so I felt a little weird around women who were 7-9 months pregnant...but the staff was still so nice to me.