Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Snowboarding when pregnant

emmittsteremmittster member
edited April 2015 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
I know there are several other threads on here about this topic, but all the discussions are "closed" so I can not reply to any of them. When I found out I was pregnant in November I already had 2 snowboarding trips planned for the winter. I asked my doctors if I should go and they all told me to do what I am comfortable with. I have been snowboarding for 20 years. I decided that I would go (once in WVa and for a week in CO) but that I would avoid the black diamond slopes and the glade runs (through the trees-- my fave!!). Then I searched online for more input and I found all these forums. I was so disappointed to see that so many women advised against it! I was torn. I didn't want to do something stupid or dangerous, but I also didn't want to stop having fun and always second-guessing myself. So I went. I snowboarded for 3 days in Colorado (4 months pregnant) and I didn't fall at all. I took it easy, went slow (for me), and stayed on the blues. I am so glad I did it, but I will tell you this-- it was boring! It wasn't dangerous or scarey or risky-- it was just boring. So if you are a really good skiier or snowboarder you would probably do fine if you were careful and avoided crowded slopes. But in my experience, the cost of a lift ticket would be better spent going snowshoeing, to a spa, to the local gym, or some other activity. I wish someone had told me this before I spent the money-- but than again, I still would have wanted to try it myself. :)

Re: Snowboarding when pregnant