June 2015 Moms

Daily symptoms 4/5

I'm going to sleep to prepare for night shift tonight and when I wake up it better be June.

Re: Daily symptoms 4/5

• Right? I have 9 weeks to go and I'd rather it be over already!
  • Worst leg cramps I've had this whole time happened last night and this morning. Woke me up screaming. Ugh, I am such a wimp.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have spent my morning throwing up, which I haven't done in about 5 weeks, so Happy Easter from the baby. 10 week tomorrow until my c section! Can't wait to meet her!
  • Baby was CRAZY all through Easter mass this morning. She was hiccuping, stretching, kicking... seriously would not stop moving. And every time I stood up, lightning crotch. I love feeling her move, but this was a bit excessive. I guess she's starting to get cramped in there.

Anyway, happy Easter and happy (belated? Not sure how long it's celebrated) Passover for those to those of you who are celebrating this weekend! I hope you have a wonderful time with your families and friends!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @karaelaine1991 ! Had the exact same experience at Easter Vigil last night. DH and I were standing up in front of the church for his confirmation. I was standing on the step behind him with my belly pressed against his back and DH could feel little love kicks on his back! So sweet. LO was saying "good job, daddy!"
  • kbbtah said:

Thanks @karaelaine1991 ! Had the exact same experience at Easter Vigil last night. DH and I were standing up in front of the church for his confirmation. I was standing on the step behind him with my belly pressed against his back and DH could feel little love kicks on his back! So sweet. LO was saying "good job, daddy!"

That's adorable! Congratulations to your husband - sounds like an Easter to remember! :)
  • I've been struck with the stomach virus or flu or something. (My husband recently had both). I was up all night vomiting. Hopefully, I can hold down some food and water today. I just worry about DS the whole time.

On a brighter side, he had hiccups this morning. My stomach looked like a little bunny was hopping around.
  • woke up this morning with a really sore throat, so swallowing really hurts. a stuffed up nose and just like every other morning the phlegm in my throat i just cant cough out.
  • Yep, insomnia is kicking my ass
  • Lack of sleep thanks to my cat who kept walking across my face. And kind of a sore throat from post nasal drip. Kept waking up to drink water and wash that feeling from my throat but didn't help much. Now that I'm up and at 'em my nose is somehow both dry, and snotty. Yum.
  • I just feel like my whole body is swollen. My legs and feet are huge!! I could not stop staring at them last night.
  • Woke up feeling nauseated which has mostly passed, but still feeling pretty shit. My face is so dry and chafed it looks like it's going to break and fall off. I'm hungry but I don't really know what to do with myself because I'm not ravenous and nothing really sounds that great. I have been getting a nasty off and on pain in my right hip that makes putting on pants and getting in and out of the car entirely suck...I could go on but needless to say, today is feeling pretty shit.
  • So many of you are feeling under the weather! I hope you all feel better soon!
  • Sounds like several of us are having active babies during church service today. I spent the whole service propped on coats because of my back soreness, and little one bounced the whole service.
  • So sorry to those throwing up! Feel better fast! I'm exhausted and I can't blame insomnia because I slept okay last night. I just feel like I could close my eyes and go to sleep. I feel like my LO isn't kicking as much, but instead he's rolling around and pressing up against the sides of my stomach. My stomach rolls from one side to the other. Lol. Every now and then he'll get a good kick in. The change kind of worries me, but I'm still feeling him just as often.
  • I despise insomnia! And restless leg syndrome. Ugh!!! I woke up (after 3 hours of sleep) with a headache this morning as well. Looks like fioricet and a hot (but not too hot) bath is in my near future. . .

On a positive note, all of my tests (EKG, thyroid, iron) came back normal. So, my racing heart and breathlessness is just another annoying pregnancy/anxiety symptom. Yay!!!

June. . . Hurry up and arrive!!
  • Not feeling baby as much which is making me nervous...I just switched back to nights after a week off so I think the schedule of normally active time is just off. I'm off for the rest of the week so hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint a better schedule of baby's movement. Baby DOES have hiccups 3-4 times a day though (I know those don't count as movements for kick counts) but after some consulting with dr Google it made me freak out about cord entanglement and that being a sign. So basically my only symptom is a big ball of anxiety. Lots of questions for my appointment on Thursday :-S
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Penwater1Penwater1 member
    edited April 2015
    Oi, Easter meal didn't stay down. I can't believe the nausea is back. And sleep is just not happening.
  • I've felt like I have had a hair stuck in the back of my throat for 4 days now. I know it's not actually a hair, but that's what it feel like. I imagine it's a sore on my tongue from acid reflux. 

I have a couple questions though. I've never really experienced acid reflux. Is it possible that I can be having it in the middle of the night without any symptoms during the day? And also, what medicines have you found is the best way to treat acid reflux? I have a list of what is okay to take during pregnancy, but was wondering what you ladies think works best. I'll be asking about it at my next appointment, but just looking for some relief in the meantime. Thanks!

• amark11 said:

had my worst night of sleep ever - tons of rib pain, heartburn, terrible dreams. DH finally woke up around 6:00 and I slept til 9:00 with him holding me. think it must be anxiety then. yeesh!

we are on our beer weekend getaway that I mentioned in Easter Plans. I'm bummed to be slower and lower energy than expected, but DH is being amazing and it's been a really wonderful weekend! I got kind of weepy that this would be our "last vacation alone for a while." He said, "Our life is a vacation! We are so lucky. Don't be silly." Hormonal love surges for this man are at their all-time high.

Hope you sick ladies feel better soon, and we all get some good sleep.

Aw! Your DH sounds so sweet!

• Insomnia hit last night....again. I'm also having butt pain. Like in my tailbone area. It puts a hitch in my getty up when I go from seated to standing. Annoying. I've also had a change in baby movements. More pushing and twisting vs kicking. I get to have another ultrasound next week so hopefully I can confirm that it's her switching positions to be head down.

Hope all my fellow sick bumpies feel better soon. I heard there was a nasty stomach bug making it's way across the country. I experienced that last pregnancy. It's the worst.
  • This kid will not get out from my ribs....shortness of breath and heart burn. Had to bust out my tums in the middle of church this morning.
  • Worst symptom today isn't due to pregnancy, but it's being exacerbated by pregnancy. I have a rare skin condition called dermatographia where my skin will welt up or break out in hives if too much pressure or any allergen is applied to it. When I am not pregnant, my dermatologist has me on 1 Zyrtec and 2 Allegra per day. During pregnancy we dropped that down to 1 Zyrtec and I've loved with outbreaks a couple of times a week. Well since being admitted for low amniotic fluid, the high risk mfm doctors thought it was worth a shot to stop the Zyrtec all together. Now I have episodes of hives multiple times a day - with the only relief coming from ice packs. Don't get me wrong, I will happily do anything that could help my baby's fluid level and keep her baking longer, just needed to vent about it!
  • @knwilliams01 ugh! Hives suck! I hate itching. What a total drag. Sorry, gal

@aliciac2008 I just started having acid reflux really bad last weekend. It was so bad, I thought I had the stomach flu. I asked these gals what they were using and based on their replies I decided to try zantac and have been happy with it so far. There were a bunch of other suggestions, too, so if you want to check it for yourself here is the link

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12553652/daily-symptoms-thread-3-30/p1

P.s. - laying down is the worst cause its easier for the undigested food to crawl back up your throat. Try propping yourself up with some pillows so that your chest and head are higher than your stomach. I slept like that almost all last week.
  • also having the super uncomfortable leg pains when trying to sleep or even sitting down. i wonder if something like compression socks would help. just wear them at night or something.