September 2014 Moms
Options

Baby at a Convention?

Little Miss is currently 6 months old and Husband and I are going to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, CA.  My Mother and Mother-in-Law think I'm insane for wanting to bring her.  I've never spent a night without her, not since the day she was born and I don't intend to.  I also don't want her to get some crazy bug when we go because she's too little to be vaccinated properly.  What are the odds that she'll get something serious?  Should I risk it?  I don't think I can handle being away from her for a week.

Re: Baby at a Convention?

• Options
    seamonkey0814seamonkey0814 member
    edited April 2015
    Yikes, a week! I couldn't leave my little guy for that long. Maybe a night if I had to but not a week.

I have no idea what the convention will be like so I have no input as to whether you could do it with a baby but a friend of mine was looking into traveling when her daughter is about 8 months old and what she found out is that in Ontario you can pay to have your baby get the MMR vaccine early. This is the only one they are missing at that age. They normally get it at 12 and 18 months but it's safe to get it as early as 6 months. They will get three doses instead of 2 but if you are worried about immunization a, this might be an option to set your mind at ease.
  • Options
    I'm going to a convention in Des Moines in June, so my baby will be about 9 months. It's only for a couple days but we'll probably take him with us. He's spent the night at his grandma's a couple times but I've never been away from him for more than 24 hours... I definitely couldn't handle a whole week! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker