Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

If you could tell a newbie anything...

Re: If you could tell a newbie anything...

• Options

antoto said:

27alex said:

antoto said:

It doesn't exactly make me angry or even annoyed when people do that, but it's just not necessary.  Also I'm not QUITE TTC yet so I'm not as sensative to that now as I probably will be in a few months.

I was around when people got reamed for doing it.

And it really is like waving your BFP at a stranger when ladies on the board don't know you. I'm not a sensitive person by any means but it's just not cool.
    Yep yep.  Is it in our TOU/guidelines?  Cause it probably should be...
    Legit question:  When/where is it appropriate to post about BFP's?  When you get one do you just silently go into the night? haha
    If you're a recognized member of the community and people would notice your absence
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options

antoto said:

27alex said:

antoto said:

It doesn't exactly make me angry or even annoyed when people do that, but it's just not necessary.  Also I'm not QUITE TTC yet so I'm not as sensative to that now as I probably will be in a few months.

And it really is like waving your BFP at a stranger when ladies on the board don't know you. I'm not a sensitive person by any means but it's just not cool.
    Legit question:  When/where is it appropriate to post about BFP's?  When you get one do you just silently go into the night? haha
    I think you just put it in TWW and then go to your Monthly board.  I think it's fine for people who have made connections to this board to stay on here as well though.  I plan on it :)  I like you ladies!  But yeah just TWW thread on this board is appropriate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!  Newb question.
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    Married since 3/2013
    TTC since 05/2014
    05/28/2015 First IUI-Cancelled

• Options
    kmcc14kmcc14 member

antoto said:

27alex said:

antoto said:

If you're a recognized member of the community and people would notice your absence
    Yes, this.  Otherwise just posting it on the TWW thread is appropriate.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    27alex27alex member

antoto said:

27alex said:

antoto said:

This! I always think of it as would people miss me/wonder where I am if I just disappeared? Do they recognize my screen name or semi know parts of my story. If it's yes to those questions, it gets it's own thread.

If you ONLY post in the TWW/WTO and barely participate in other threads (If any) it goes in the TWW.

If you've been here but few and far Inbetween and people don't know you, run along to your BMB.
  • Options
    mrskalmrskal member
    antoto said:

antoto said:

27alex said:

antoto said:

I think you just put it in TWW and then go to your Monthly board.  I think it's fine for people who have made connections to this board to stay on here as well though.  I plan on it :)  I like you ladies!  But yeah just TWW thread on this board is appropriate.
    Some ladies are recognised very well, they should have their own thread, example-kyleneum, she's very witty and and we all were very happy for her bfp, I loved they way she expressed in that thread, but no drive bys.
  • Options
    bbrianaxbbrianax member
    edited May 2015
    Coming out of mostly lurking to say as a newbie, I think all this is really helpful. Maybe this post should be pinned to the top?
    M & B
    miscarriage - September 2012 @ 9 weeks
    blighted ovum - November 2012
    BFP!!! - July 2015
    Amelia, my sweet little rainbow baby born March 4, 2016
  • Options
    27alex27alex member
    @BumpAdmin I know someone asked the other day for this to be pinned to the top of the board.

Can we do this please? @BumpCaitlin @BumpTara
  • Options
    Yay! I'm so happy this is pinned

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options
    Yay for pinnage!

Yes I made that up, and that's alright.

I think I'd post in the TWW thread to be on the safe side regardless. I wouldn't have a clue if folks recognized my name or not and I definitely don't want to wave a BFP in any faces!
    httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom564x9c95d69c95d674dd5cf4fca6bd9d384e78e24bjpg
    LFAF February Siggy Challenge - "Favorite TV/Movie Couple"

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload26b89148c7b33ea94ce2d81113588d17jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadd47bf7ca05f00f6cf5bf636c32d9a75bjpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload8eecaf9159c3ef2d76474f4858e0ca7cjpg
    httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploada6e4cbc633a118da3abd087f7518f2c8jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadc77e51750c881e1e2ec7bd004e796cd3jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload54f663537b430163ad7fac1203ceb664jpg

Me: 28 | DH: 29
    DD: 10/17/13
    TTC#2 Actively: 10/14, NTNP: 01/14
    Left-Sided Hydrosalpinx (cause: genetic abnormality, TREATED 11/16)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/396b04

• Options

Yay for pinnage!

I think I'd post in the TWW thread to be on the safe side regardless. I wouldn't have a clue if folks recognized my name or not and I definitely don't want to wave a BFP in any faces!

Agreed! I think to be safe post in tww and if they tell you that you should have your own thread for it then yay! (Saw this happen a couple weeks ago)
  • Options

Yay for pinnage!

I have thought the same because I don't know if people would really know me or not.

And yay sticky!
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options

Yay for pinnage!

I have thought the same because I don't know if people would really know me or not.

And yay sticky!
    I think I even recognize you from the Knot.  That or your pic just reminds me of someone else's.  
  • Options
    antoto said:

Yay for pinnage!

And yay sticky!
    I think I even recognize you from the Knot.  That or your pic just reminds me of someone else's.  
    I didn't participate in community on the Knot, so maybe someone else has our wedding rings, lol
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    So glad this got pinned to the top! If I see one more pee stick...SMH
  • Options
    mrs3615mrs3615 member
    So glad this got pinned! NO MORE PEE STICKS!!!!! image
    me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • Options
    mattiep16mattiep16 member
    edited May 2015
    Unless you are an OB/GYN or RE, don't make comments suggesting someone's dr doesn't know what they are doing. "OMG they did IUI with 4 follicles? you should sue for malpractice" is the kind of thing I'm talking about...
  • Options
    You have no idea how long I've been lurking or TTC for that matter. I've seen multiple posts related to the exact scenario I described.  It's one thing to suggest someone see an RE if they are taking hormones without supervision - it's totally different to question an entire medical plan that is specific to that unique individual. 
  • Options

mattiep16 said:

Unless you are an OB/GYN or RE, don't make comments suggesting someone's dr doesn't know what they are doing. "OMG they did IUI with 4 follicles? you should sue for malpractice" is the kind of thing I'm talking about...

1) You can't dictate people's responses.

2) if you only want advice from doctors, go and make an appointment or go get a second opinion. Doctor's are not Gods who can do no wrong. It doesn't take another doctor to tell if something may not be right.
    Also, even among doctors, someone has to be last in their class...
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    bunnya said:

Get a hobby, this may take a while.

THIS.
    I am 35 to DH for almost two years. Actively ttc #1 since October 2014. Charting, Clomid, HCH shots, Timed Intercourse.
    DH SA looks great, my numbers look great... trying B6, Zinc, Vitamin C, you name it. Avid reader of TCOYF, FF junkie. Trying to keep the faith once cycle at a time.
  • Options
    Jesus, don't get your panties in a bunch, ladies. This post is about advice to Newbies. I never implied anyone with experience was doing this, just like you're not asking about implantation bleeding. I'm not out of line you just forgot the point of the post.
  • Options
    mattiep16 said:

Jesus, don't get your panties in a bunch, ladies. This post is about advice to Newbies. I never implied anyone with experience was doing this, just like you're not asking about implantation bleeding. I'm not out of line you just forgot the point of the post.

For someone who has "lurked," you sure don't understand how to quote.
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    I probably am one of the offenders that mattie is talking about. I, with others, questioned a doc's advice partly for concern and partly because I want to know more about the subject. It isn't out of line to say "hmm, that doesn't really sound right to me, can you explain why your doctor wants to do things that way? Did he bring up x and y and have you do Z?"

I realize I am not a doctor. I also know a lot of stupid doctors. Like one that swore up and down my dad had COPD when he had classic congestive heart failure. If my mom hadn't been a nurse and known better, my dad would not be alive. 
  • Options
    I'm a newbie and very glad to have had this thread to start with. You all seem like a wonderful group of strong, smart women and I'm excited to be able to learn from you all.

I'm just starting TTC, 35, pregnant once at 24, ended at 18 wks with a terrible D&E. Alot of anxiety and fear that I'm holding at bay. Married almost two years ago to a man with full custody to a then two year old girl. Been working on making that gel and it was rough, but lucky to at least already have gone through the hard part of party of 2 to 3. She refers to herself as a "big sister" because she watches cartoons where there is a baby and an older sister and she hates to be thought of as a baby. So, yeah, it makes for some awkwardness when people meet her and she says I'm a big sister and they look at me or my belly expectantly and I respond "nope not pregnant just gassy" Thanks, kiddo!

Went for hormone levels test last week. Also I'm posted in Trinidad and Tobago for work so a bit anxious about the quality of healthcare here vs the US, though hope to deliver back home if it ever happens. Been temping and learning alot since finding FF. Anyways, thank you all for your great advice, resources and inspiration. Best wishes to you all!
  • Options
    27alex27alex member
    chuchugak said:

I'm a newbie and very glad to have had this thread to start with. You all seem like a wonderful group of strong, smart women and I'm excited to be able to learn from you all.

I'm just starting TTC, 35, pregnant once at 24, ended at 18 wks with a terrible D&E. Alot of anxiety and fear that I'm holding at bay. Married almost two years ago to a man with full custody to a then two year old girl. Been working on making that gel and it was rough, but lucky to at least already have gone through the hard part of party of 2 to 3. She refers to herself as a "big sister" because she watches cartoons where there is a baby and an older sister and she hates to be thought of as a baby. So, yeah, it makes for some awkwardness when people meet her and she says I'm a big sister and they look at me or my belly expectantly and I respond "nope not pregnant just gassy" Thanks, kiddo!

Went for hormone levels test last week. Also I'm posted in Trinidad and Tobago for work so a bit anxious about the quality of healthcare here vs the US, though hope to deliver back home if it ever happens. Been temping and learning alot since finding FF. Anyways, thank you all for your great advice, resources and inspiration. Best wishes to you all!

Welcome! I'm very sorry for your loss. Jump right in and use the search function for any lingering questions! There's a ton of old threads with awesome info.
  • Options
    Is there a search tool that allows you to find past discussions only for this board on mobile? I only see one search tool option, but it's searching through every board on the bump! I want to make sure my question hasn't been asked before I post! Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"