October 2015 Moms
Options

Tailbone pain

caiteyzz9caiteyzz9 member
edited March 2015 in October 2015 Moms
I am 10 weeks and 2 days and I am having the worst tail bone pain on my right side..it's almost into my buttox area. Any one else??

Re: Tailbone pain

• Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    Yes, my tailbone is hurting too (although on the left) and I'm 10w6d! I think it has to do with the way I'm sleeping because I can feel it pulling a bit when I lay down. I just ordered a pregnancy pillow so I'm hoping that sleeping in a better alignment will help.
  • Options
    Mine is fine this time, but with my last pregnancy it really bothered me if I was on my feet too much or sat too much. I've heard it's pretty normal
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me too during my 10th week!  But it coincided perfectly with when I usually see my chiropractor.  Afterward I felt awesome!  There is so much shift that's happening in our pelvis during this time!  Not only did the pain go away but my sleep has regulated and so have my hormone fluctuations!  So  grateful for Chiropractic!  
  • Options
    I've had that same problem pre-pregnancy. Sciatic nerve issue. If you see a physical therapist that specializes in women's health, they will be able to help you in a manner that is safe during pregnancy. They showed me how to be preventative with this pain.
  • Options
    Yes!! I've had it for a few weeks now! It hurts when I walk from sitting, when i'm laying down at night and move, when I pivot; it just always hurts. I do have a desk job though- on the weekends its not as bad as during the week, so I try to not sit as much at work now and it seems to be subsiding. I recommend trying to stand/walk more than you sit. I know you must be exhausted (I am!) but it really relieves it! 
  • Options
    zizohzizoh member
    I think you also may have what they call Pelvic Girdle Pain- hurts so bad especially when lying down and moving in bed, sitting up or walking at a brisker pace. Speak to your doc bcs he will most likely refer you to a physiotherapist. I believe chiropractic adjustments help with this a lot. Watched a few YouTube videos which helped explain things quite a bit - if you think this is what you have, do a search for Pelvic Girdle Pain. There's a lot of exercises you can do for this at home. But just try to take it easy and rest in bed bcs the more you exert yourself, the worse it seems to become.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Me too! My pregnancy pillow helps A LOT, but I only try to use it if I need to cause it leaves almost no room for my boyfriend! I'm lucky that he really truly loves the couch lol.

I've talked to my chiropractor about the tailbone pain, and he's worked with it and it is improving. However, I did have a fall on the ice back in February that didn't help my back pain.

Another thing that helps is a maternity belt I got at motherhood (they have them on amazon but I wanted to try it on first).
  • Options
    zizohzizoh member
    I saw my doctor about this pain last week, he said it wasn't pelvic girdle pain, but sacro iliac pain. Physiotherapy can help.