Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

CP Charting Frustrations....

josie12367josie12367 member
edited March 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi there, I'm a newbie to the board, but i've been stalking you ladies for awhile now. My cycles tend to get a little crazy, so I decided to give charting a go based off the discussions i've seen posted. I just started a week or so ago and I feel like i've got the hang of everything. I also bought the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" off of the recommendations you guys give and have read through the beginning sections covering the basics, but I didn't really know what to do about my issue.

For the last three or four days I've had pinkish/brown discharge...I'm mid-cycle right now, so I thought it was ovulation spotting (though I don't usually have any, but i've been crampy), but it's stayed pretty consistent. I thought if it was ovulation spotting it would have disappeared by now. I'm not being rough when I check every morning my CP and CM, but I was thinking maybe i'm irritating the cervix, so I was just curious if any of you have had this issue too? I'm just wondering if I should stop checking CP due to this....I was kind of excited to be able to notice the transitions in CP, even though I only have a week of information, it appeared like I was ovulating with a low, soft, and open cervix....I don't want to miss out on key information on my charts....but I also don't want to cause cervix issues either :/

Thoughts?? TIA!
Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

Re: CP Charting Frustrations....

• Options
    This is my first cycle off BC and I have had spotting for 2-3 days three separate times (on cd 36 right now). From everything I've read spotting is pretty common and doesn't necessarily mean it's from ovulation. I also can't imagine you injuring your cervix just by checking it so i wouldn't be concerned. Have you had spotting in the past? How long have you been off BC? And how long have you been TTC?
  • Options
    I've been off of BC for five years. ...lol. So it's not that. We've been trying actively for 6 months. I usually spot for a week after my period but nothing in between. I termed my cycles crazy due to it being 26 days one month, 44 the next, 34 the next, etc. They are never regular which is why I wanted to try and chart. I'm not really worried about "injuring" my cervix, but the discharge makes it harder to assess the cervical fluid...so I was under the impression that fluid is better to check, or more of a priority than position....and if checking for position is going to cause spotting, then maybe a should stop. ...??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How often are you having sex? Is it a lot more often than you used to? Could be that combined with checking your CP is causing irritation.

Or it could be random mid cycle spotting. Bodies are assholes sometimes and just do whatever they want.
  • Options

How often are you having sex? Is it a lot more often than you used to? Could be that combined with checking your CP is causing irritation.

Or it could be random mid cycle spotting. Bodies are assholes sometimes and just do whatever they want.

We try to have sex every other day, but sometimes it's three days apart. It's about average for us. Yes, my body is being an asshole! Lol....so do you think I should stop checking for a week or so? I can't really get CM without getting close or right on my cervix though...

• Options
    I wouldn't stop checking. I would attribute this to random spotting and keep doing what you're doing.
  • Options
    Ditto. Just make sure you keep your nails trimmed and your hands clean and you should be fine.
  • Options

I wouldn't stop checking. I would attribute this to random spotting and keep doing what you're doing.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    Temping would be your most important way of determining ovulation (of course it is after the fact) then cm and finally cp I've had a lot of trouble figuring out cm too maybe it's because I need to get closer to my cervix. Spotting can unfortunately happen whether you've just come off BC or have been off for years and years. Just like pp said bodies are annoying and like to keep us wondering!
  • Options
    brela11 said:

Exactly what I was thinking.
    Temping would be your most important way of determining ovulation (of course it is after the fact) then cm and finally cp I've had a lot of trouble figuring out cm too maybe it's because I need to get closer to my cervix. Spotting can unfortunately happen whether you've just come off BC or have been off for years and years. Just like pp said bodies are annoying and like to keep us wondering!
    Couple suggestions for that:
    1. Drink tons of water - that should help increase production to make it noticeable when you wipe (at least near O time, anyway).
    2. Check internally - don't go digging around in there, just a quick swipe with a finger or two
    3. Check after a bowel movement - I don't remember the science behind this one, but it works.
  • Options
    @janeyintrouble, I think it's just because a bowel movement (similar to doing kegels) will push the CM away from the cervix so it's easier to check. But I could be making all that crap up :)
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I will just keep on doing what I'm doing then :)

• Options

@janeyintrouble, I think it's just because a bowel movement (similar to doing kegels) will push the CM away from the cervix so it's easier to check. But I could be making all that crap up :)

Seems logical enough to me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"