Single Parents
Options

Most-likely-2B a single mom. Anyone deal with something similar?

I am six weeks and three days pregnant, and it was unexpected. I was not in a very serious relationship, but things happen. When I first told the father he was surprised; needed a few days to take everything in. He did, and our next conversation was very productive and positive.

He then got confused about how they calculate the weeks of pregnancy. I was exactly five weeks when I told him, but according to him "we only saw each other three weeks ago". I broke the weeks down for him and he then said he wasn't going to take any action until we had a paternity test done. So I found a prenatal one (just using blood samples), let him know and it's been radio silence ever since. He lives in a different state, so I rely mostly on my phone to get in touch with him. No takers though. I've given him updates about my health and the progression of the pregnancy so far. Thanks to read receipt, if I send him a message I know he reads it. He has a beautiful family that I wouldn't want this baby to miss out on.

Anyone faced something similar? This has me feeling pretty down.

Re: Most-likely-2B a single mom. Anyone deal with something similar?

• Options
    This may or may not be a popular opinion, but if this dude has no interest in your pregnancy, I would totally run like hell, and avoid a lifetime of drama for you and your child. Being a single mom actually has a lot of perks. I'm not sure the beauty of hus family counts for anything if the dad wants nothing to do with you.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with PP.  It's going to sound harsh, but if he wants nothing to do with you, there's a 90-99% chance that his family won't either.

My ex's family is involved in my life and DD's life but it makes things SUPER complicated.  Especially since my ex has fallen off the face of the planet (well, from us, at least). I think the difference between our situations is that I was with my ex for about 3.5-4 years when I got pregnant and, if I'm reading your post right, you two were just casually dating.  My ex's family reached out to me when he ran off (I was 2.5mo pregnant) and I allowed them to be around.  Have you met/hung out with his family?  Chances are lower of them wanting to be involved if they haven't met you.

If he doesn't respond to your texts, I'd stop sending them.  When you are further along, shoot him a message saying that you are waiting on him for the paternity test and it can be either done outside of court or through court (depending on child support.  Check the laws in your state.  If you file for a paternity test but don't want child support, some states start and proceed with child support regardless).  Then just hope for the best.

I mean, being a single parent is hard but worth every single happy memory. You got this, mama.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"