Baby Names
Options

Seraphina vs. Serafina

Hi! 

I'm only 5 weeks on but have loved names for a long time. I like Seraphina and DH is somewhat on board, especially with the nickname Phi or Fi. Which leads me to my question: if we are planning on nicknaming her (should we have a her) Phi/Fi, should it match the spelling of the full name? I prefer Seraphina, but am worried that Phi would be pronounced so that it rhymes with dye and not fee. Thoughts?

TIA!
"Good for her! Not for me." - Amy Poehler

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Seraphina vs. Serafina

• Options
    Either works for me and if you don't want to match the spelling I think it's okay. But I think phi pronounced as fee is cute and it didn't confuse me I think Fi sounds more link it rhymes with dye
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the help! 
    "Good for her! Not for me." - Amy Poehler

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Either one. I like the look of seraphina more.
  • Options
    I would go with Seraphina. It just seems like the more common spelling to me, which just makes life easier. I think Phi is fine.
  • Options
    angc4angc4 member
    I would go with the full name spelling that you prefer since that will be used so much more often on paper and such, nick names don't get spelled out all that often and you will be the ones to influence the spelling and pronunciation to everyone when the time comes anyways
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"