Natural Birth

red raspberry leaf tea

When TTC, I was drinking RRLT regularly and I LOVED it. It shortened my 35 day cycle to 33 days in just 3 months, helped a little with cramps and lessened the amount of clots I was having.

I have decided that I would like to try a med free delivery and have heard that RRLT taken at or shortly after 32 weeks can do wonders for delivery, uterine strength, hormones and yadda yadda yadda. My question is have any of you moms used the red raspberry leaf tea? When did you start and how much did you drink? Do you think it helped? And did you have any issues getting your dr. to "sign off" on drinking it? Just trying to get an idea, thanks ladies!

Re: red raspberry leaf tea

• My MW has me drink some NORA (nettle, oat straw, RRL, alfalfa) tea from the start of pregnancy. In the third tri, I am supposed to drink a quart a day. I had a great labor with DS2 and am hopefully for anther great one this time around.
  • My first labor with my six year old was 6 hours w/ 20 minutes of pushing and I had been guzzling the RRL like nobody's business.  It is a known uterine tonic (strengthening, fortifying) which I do attribute for such a respectively short labor in a FTM. This time I haven't been as diligent about it but I still have been using some and believe in it.  With no evidence of harm I cannot imagine why a physician would recommend you NOT take it - however if you have a doc who tends to be skeptical/leery of anything "natural" you may just not want to bring it up. I say that b/c so many docs are clueless about herbs so they tend to all get lumped together regardless of mechanism of action. But yeah I wouldn't really feel the need to start prior to 32-34 weeks....
  • Loading the player...
  • I drank red raspberry leaf tea with my first.  I started drinking it about a week or two before my due date - just once every couple of days.  I have no idea if the tea helped or not, but it definitely didn't hurt!  I did not use any meds at all and my labor was 2 hrs long with 4 minutes of pushing.  Worth a shot if you ask me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"