2nd Trimester
Options

What was pressed against my lower abdomen?

DeeWells3DeeWells3 member
edited March 2015 in 2nd Trimester
(I'll be 20 weeks in 2 days and this is my first pregnancy) Last night when I layed down I felt something move and then I had a semi-visible hardish lump across my lower abdomen (right above my pelvic area) I could feel it pressed against my abdomen. I was just wondering if this was just things moving and settling or if it was possible that it was baby? It was really weird and hard to describe, but it didn't hurt in any way I could just feel it there pressing against my lower abdomen.

Re: What was pressed against my lower abdomen?

• Options
    It's likely a hand or foot moving.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer☺! It felt a lot bigger than a foot like babies body possibly, but I just wasn't sure if that was possible at this point of my pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could be a fibroid. I had one and it became really noticeable later in my pregnancy,
  • Options
    Most likely a baby moving.
  • Options
    Could also have been baby's butt or head but sounds like baby to me. A fibroid isn't going to move independently, so I guess baby could have pushed it into you, but seems more likely it was just the baby. I'm 21 weeks and get stuff like that frequently now.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses, its truly exciting to think it most definitely could have been baby!!!
    I work in a hospital and one if the providers overheard me explaining the situation to my co-worker and she said it honestly could have been Braxton Hicks. I thought being 20 weeks it would be too soon for those, so I researched Braxton Hicks. They can start as early as the 2nd trimester (although they are more common in the 3rd) and they don't always hurt, so I guess it could have been. So just another possible scenario for anyone with similar experiences.
  • Options
    Sounds like baby.
  • Options
    I'd say you felt baby!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the continued responses/discussion. I really can't say how happy I am knowing it was baby!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"