April 2015 Moms

Pre natal massage!

Going for my first one today and praying it helps with labor.

I've been so scared to do one this round. I saw the chiropractor last pregnancy and refused to do it this round.

Anyone else been this pregnancy?

Re: Pre natal massage!

• I've had a couple massages this pregnancy. They were both glorious. Enjoy!
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • I've had a gift card since November and still haven't gone- need one sooo bad!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had several and they're amazing! Just scheduled another one for my due date (5 days, eek), as I already have a feeling baby won't be here yet.
  • Having my third one on Friday, CAN'T WAIT.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been going every two weeks for the past couple months.  I'm going weekly starting this week for the next three weeks.  I have the Massage Envy membership and had a bunch saved up from early pregnancy when I was too sick/rashy to go.  

Enjoy your pampering!
  • I went like 2 weeks ago felt amazing but with my body already being so relaxed and then the relaxation from the massage I felt like a walking zombie when I left but it was worth it
  • I have gone about every two weeks for the past couple of months as well and I would highly recommend it! I also saw a chiropractor during pregnancy and between that and the prenatal massages my back has stopped hurting and it has greatly helped with my hips. My left hip was so "out of whack" that I didn't realize I was walking with my foot pointed somewhat out to the side and I was having really bad back pains. Enjoy your massage!
  • Yes! I've had several during my pregnancy and highly recommend them. Will schedule my next for when I hit 40 weeks (on Saturday) if baby hasn't showed up by then. Make sure you have a skilled practitioner who really knows how to handle pregnant bodies.
  • I have been having monthly massages my entire pregnancy and highly recommend it. I always feel incredible afterwards. It's the only time I'm able to lay on my stomach (with the pregnancy pillow) and it feels amazing! Usually I have her focus on my jaw, head, neck, and upper pack due to a chronic injury but this time I had her also focus on my legs and feet to help with the little bit of swelling - amazing!!
  • I don't have any experience with massages, but I do with acupuncture, it is sooooo relaxing! I fell asleep immediately in the office lol. I went during my last pregnancy and only needed one session and I went in to labor the next day! I have an acu appointment on Monday 3/30 and I can't wait (: my due date isn't until 4/2 but I'm in so much pain it's unbearable now
  • It was amazing!! Highly recommend it! I feel so relaxed and calm. My body isn't aching for the moment.
  • Had another one last night... Ahhhh
  • I have gone about every two weeks for the past couple of months as well and I would highly recommend it! I also saw a chiropractor during pregnancy and between that and the prenatal massages my back has stopped hurting and it has greatly helped with my hips. My left hip was so "out of whack" that I didn't realize I was walking with my foot pointed somewhat out to the side and I was having really bad back pains. Enjoy your massage!

My hip was soooo messed up too! I also think it has kept me from getting back pain.
  • Had one last week, it was WONDERFUL! I will forever but a gift card for a spa for shower gifts from this day on!
  • I've been going to my massage therapist every other month this pregnancy. I had one at two months, one at four months, and one at 6 months. I'd love to go again, too! I didn't schedule it because I wasn't sure if I would enjoy a massage being very pregnant- if it would be 'comfortable'. I should have scheduled one! She massages her pregnant clients on their sides. It's very relaxing! 

Hope it's not hard to keep regular appointments up with a baby and a complicated nursing/sleeping schedule! I love my massages. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"