Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Diapers and wraps and covers, oh my!

I'm hoping to get started cloth diapering once our little Ben comes home from the NICU, hopefully in just a few more weeks. I'm planning on beginning service with a local cloth diaper company that delivers, picks up, and cleans the diapers for us. They provide a setup with pail, liner, deodorizer (for the pail), and 70 diapers a week for (what I think) is a really good deal! I'm excited to start!

So here's my question... What's with wraps and covers? Do I need them? Is there a difference between the two? I've had quite a few purchased for us as gifts, but I'm not sure if they're the right size, either (I mean of course he'll grow into them eventually).

Anyone have clarification on the subject?
Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

Handstamped, custom jewelry from Charmedseed... grown just for you!

Re: Diapers and wraps and covers, oh my!

• It depends on what kind of diapers you're using. It sounds like if you're going through a service though, they should (if they're like services I've seen) provide the diapers for you. I'm sure if they use prefolds they would provide the covers as well, but that's really a question for them.

• They provide Chinese Pre-Fold Diaper Service Quality Diapers, 70 a week, and do the delivery, cleaning, and pick up of dirties.

And I THINK I figured it out... Wraps and covers are kind of the same, just something to put OVER the cloth diaper to help it stay on, contain leaks, and look cute on baby's bum. That sound about right? I received several from my sister-in-law, so I'm panicking a little less, heh.
    Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

• Loading the player...
  • With prefolds, they are the necessary water proof covering. You wouldn't use a prefold without a cover/wrap, which is why I'd think they would provide them (since they're already providing the prefolds). They may very well just be plain white. There are some that are cute, and some that are plain. With pockets and aios, the "wrap" is just made into the diaper. And yes, wrap is another word for cover. Some brands, like Thirsties, use the word wrap instead.

• @kelseypie - Thanks! Finally had the time and wherewithal to get in touch with the service yesterday, too, and they explained it all perfectly, as did you! I guess as a former teacher, I should be used to hearing 6 different terms for the same thing, LOL!

The service is also set up now. They'll started delivering on the 20th, but they've said they're adjustable depending on when Ben comes home from the NICU (the way he's going, I bet it'll be in April!). Can't wait to get that little bum in a fluffy diaper once he gets home!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"