February 2015 Moms

New Favorite Mom Trick

My LO is a breastfed 2 mos old and just got her first immunization. The nurse recommended feeding during the administration of the vaccine, so I tried it. Worked like a charm. Little girl barely fussed and went right back to her food. She doesn't seem to have any of the after effects my other girls have displayed (fever, fussiness, none of it). I don't know whether it was the food or comfort that worked, but it did so I thought I'd pass the tip on for any other breastfeeding mommas out there (and I'd be interested to hear if a feeding helped with any of the bottle fed babe's too).

Re: New Favorite Mom Trick

• I formula feed and with DD I would always have a bottle ready. I would feed her before and right after. They liked to lay her on the table to poke her in the thighs. She fussed for like 2 secs and as soon as she got the bottle she was fine. My pediatrician recommended this too because of the comfort of eating. Now I don't think this will work with my son because when he was circumcised they recommended the same thing and he didn't want any part of eating for a good hour or 2 after. So we will see. He is a picky bottle drinker anyway.
  • I didn't feed DS when he has his shots but he stsrted to get a feaver a few hours later at 99.2. I bfed him and his feaver went away! Idk if it was just a fluke or what but he was as cool as a cucumber for the rest of the day.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • Great trick! I will definitely be trying this! Thanks for the tip!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I didn't feed DS when he has his shots but he stsrted to get a feaver a few hours later at 99.2. I bfed him and his feaver went away! Idk if it was just a fluke or what but he was as cool as a cucumber for the rest of the day.

Interesting. It makes me wonder how much of their reaction is stress vs the immunization components or some combination thereof.
  • Thanks for the tip. Going on the 15th!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"