Baby Names

No Name at 27 weeks, 6 days - Freak out or nah?

On the eve of beginning our 28 week, our sweet baby girl has no name. 
I try not to worry about, but NO NAME seems to really fit, and the ones that have fit for me don't seem to fit for my hubby.
Maybe someone on here can offer suggestions. We have a Michaela (pronounced Muh-kay-la) and a Cameron. I'd like to keep the M and K sounds in the mix, and I am fond of double names.
We like the name Kate, maybe as a middle name, or naming her Kathryn but using Kate for short. Help?

Re: No Name at 27 weeks, 6 days - Freak out or nah?

• Kate Madeleine
    Kate Marie
    Kate Madison
    Kate Meredith
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• If you want a double name, I've always liked Mary Kate, Anna Kate, and Ava or Ada Kate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kathryn Mallory
    Kathryn Miranda
    Kathryn Maya
    Kathryn Melody

Maren Kate
    Mia Kathryn

dominant m sounds
    Amelia Kathryn (nn Mia or Mila) or Kathryn Amelia
    Emma/Emily Kathryn or Kathryn Emma

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Katherine Margot
    Katherine Jean
    Katherine Amelia
    Katherine Matilda
    Katherine Bernice
    Katherine Norma
    Katherine Marjorie
    Katherine Ophelia

Other first name options (

Camille
    Camilla
    Cordelia
    Caitlin
    Christine
    Calliope
    Claudia
    Cosette
    Corinne
    Karen
    Katarina
    Kendra
    Madeline
    Maeve
    Marian
    Marceline
    Margaret
    Margot
    Mariel
    Marlena
    Meredith
    Morgana
  • FWIW, I don't think you have to have the name set yet. We were team green and went in with a boy name, but had a list if girl names. LO came out and was a girl. She went unnamed for 48 hours until we (I) could settle on one. Once she was born, a couple of names came off our list quickly, but it still took the extra days the truly find her name. The middle of the night when it was just me and her in the room helped. I got to say the names out loud to her and repeat them and really know which one was right. Try not to get hung up on having the right name. It will come, even if it's not until after she does.
  • To fit your 'M' and 'K' sound criteria I really love Mary Kate or Mia Kathryn. But, honestly I think I would choose something completely different this time around. 

How about Michaela, Cameron, and...
    Brianna
    Bianca
    Bailey
    Brynn
    Joanna
    Julia
    Jemma or Gemma
    Jillian
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Carmen, Camila nn Mila,
  • I heard the name Mila Katherine recently and fell in love. You could call her Mila Kate :)

However, Mila Kate is a bit close to Michaela..

Maybe Mara/Maura Katherine?
  • I'm almost 36 weeks and haven't the slightest idea what I'm naming her, so you're doing just fine! :)
  • Don't stress about it. If it helps, I am almost 34 weeks and have no clue what we are naming our son. I would pick a few top contenders and pick when she arrives. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mia Kate
  • Marie-Kate
  • With our son (he is 4 1/2 now) we couldn't decide until almost the day he was born. I say don't stress over it and just keep adding and removing from your list as you go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 10/19/13

TTC #2!

My Ovulation Chart
  • Mary Kate
    Molly Kate
    Mona Kate
    Mariah Kate
    Margo Kate
    Marina Kate
    Marisa Kate
    Monica
    Monique

I am 29 weeks and I also don't have a name yet...starting to worry myself. Good luck!
  • I'm 37 weeks and don't even have contenders. Husband and I can't agree on anything. You have plenty of time
  • Thank you for all of your suggestions! You ladies are amazing. 

In spite of our original commitment to the M & K sounds, I think we've taken a change of directions.

Our grandmothers' names are June, Jean, and Dena. We are now thinking of using a combination of the letters in their names and naming our baby girl Jenna Kate. 

What do you think?
  • amzmullis said:

Thank you for all of your suggestions! You ladies are amazing. 

In spite of our original commitment to the M & K sounds, I think we've taken a change of directions.

Our grandmothers' names are June, Jean, and Dena. We are now thinking of using a combination of the letters in their names and naming our baby girl Jenna Kate. 

What do you think?
    What about Jenna May?
  • Jenna Kate is lovely!