December 2014 Moms

Rolling

DD started rolling today from her back to her tummy! I was a little shocked but every time we put her on her back now she's flipping. Anyone else dealing with this? I'm kind of nervous with her in her crib now because she hasn't mastered tummy to back.

Re: Rolling

• My Little guy has been doing this for a few weeks, especially when we lay him down to sleep. Our Pediatrician said that we should always lay him down on his back, but that we did not have to flip him every time he went to his tummy. Basically if they are smart enough to get on their tummy they are smart enough to turn their heads. There is still a risk for SIDS but I just tell myself we all slept on our stomachs and we survived :)
  • I would not worry about it our first loved to sleep on his stomach and our LO when she is in the crib also sleeps on her stomach.  It helps that both of our children had very good neck control from birth.

I would not worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My little guy has just started doing both consistently this week. He seems to roll from tummy to back more often but if we put a fun toy just within reaching distance he will roll back to front to get it!
  • Thank you all. I'm chilled out about it now ;) she sleeps so good now that she's able to move back and forth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"