2nd Trimester
Options

FTM, 16w 6 days: Looking for creative ways to help DH bond with baby

hey guys,

My husband is really good about being involved in our first pregnancy together. Goes to all appointments, takes care of me when i am sick, rubs my belly..all that good stuff. I'm really gratful because my mom says my dad wasn't like that during her pregnancies. They are still married though. I was just wondering what other ways i can help my husband bond with the baby while i am pregnant? I feel really lucky that bonding for me is so easy because im the one that is going through all of the changes and whatnot so i want to make sure i'm doing everything i can to help him do the same. What kinds of things do you ladies do that your men find helpful?

Thanks!

Re: FTM, 16w 6 days: Looking for creative ways to help DH bond with baby

• Options

When baby starts moving that he can feel from the outside, that is a special thing, too. I suggest capitalizing on his interest to set a great foundation for parenting: take a birth class together (Bradley is heavy on dad-involvement), a parenting class, read up on child development books together, go to a Babywearing International meeting so you both can practice, etc. I don't know how much bonding with baby really happens before birth, but paving the road for confident fatherhood is a great idea.

• Options
    mkeipmkeip member
    Thank you! Those are great ideas
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the ideas mentioned. Maybe he can also help with the nursery. My husband has taken a very active role and was helping me pick out baby stuff, find childcare, etc. I bought him "The expectant father" book and he actually enjoys reading it.
  • Options
    Taking classes, shopping for baby, and going to appointments together other then that what he might appreciate more is doing things not baby related. Although having a baby is great and wonderful make sure you are not pushing too much about the baby he will most likely have plenty of bonding time while baby is here but not as much alone time with you or relaxing instead of focusing on the baby expecially since you will have more then one child his needs/want will be pushed back in addition you yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"