TTC after 35

FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!!

TGIF.

What will you be drinking this weekend , real or imaginary.

What do we all have going on. Share your weekend plans with us.

We have our spring break starting Thursday and it goes until the next Monday. So we get a week and a half off. I was wondering do all the states have the same. I know you all don't have school age kids, but some are teachers. Just let us know how your spring break works.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!!

• I will hopefully be unpacking and putting away at the new house, yay!  :)

My kids are on spring break next week, but only because they go to private school.  All of the public schools already had spring break.  I am taking Monday-Wednesday off to be home with them and H is staying home Thursday and Friday.
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • I want to say I will be drinking this weekend but I have so much to do I probably won't.
    Today is going to be crazy. I have to make fondant and buttercream for my nieces cake. I'm only watching one child today so that's a good thing.
    My son has volleyball and soccer after school so as soon as the little girl I sit for gets picked up I will be running around with him.
    Last practice is until 7:15 so I have to rush home to make dinner. And we all know how much trouble I'm having with lent dinners. I think I'm going to do black bean/soy chicken burgers, french fries and salad.
    Tomorrow DS has a soccer game in the late morning. I have to bake the cakes I need to make for Sunday.
    I'm still not packed for Florida so I have to get that done.
    Sunday I have to decorate the cake, we have another soccer game and then the birthday party.

I will have to work in time to have a cocktail!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Thankfully, I have no plans for the first time in a while. Looking forward to a quiet weekend. We may try to swing by my sister-in-law's house to see our nephews and niece on Sunday since we don't know if we will be welcome there for Easter and we haven't seen the kids in weeks.

Sunday is a drinking day so I will probably have a couple of glasses of sparkling wine. No idea about spring break in this neck of the woods, though we'll probably find out what the break schedule is when we try to see the kids.
    TTC #1 since January 2014
  • I'm on Spring break starting today at 3:30 pm. Squeeeeeeeee.  Just one week over here. And it usually flies by, but still. So excited.
    I'm taking a red eye tonight to NY to go to my friends shower but also just to see my good friends from college. They are still some of my best friends, even though I only see them a few times a year. When I see them we pick up like we left off. It's really awesome.  So I'm excited for that. Not as excited for my redeye as I usually don't do that well sleeping on planes and I also don't do so great on little sleep. I've been pretty exhausted this week, so hoping that will help.
    Maybe I'll have a glass of wine to knock me out. I never drink on planes, but perhaps it would help. It's unclear if I ovulated as I'm not sure on temps, so why not, right? Also, if i did, I'm like 1 or 2dpo, so don't think it matters.
    Happy friday all.

Here's a random thought. I feel like every time I'm about to or am pretty sure that I am ovulating, H and I are fighting. Do you think that means a) we fight too much (yes) b)the hormones are making both of us crazy (pretty sure not all the fights are my fault) c) we're actually stressed about the idea of actually having a baby subconsciously and that brings stress into our lives d)I'm overthinking this.
    It worries me though. And fighting really sucks. 
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• i am staying with a good friend of mine this weekend while i start my ivf treatment (she lives nr our facility). Good timing as its her birthday so able to go out with her and friends for dinner tonight. I will be spending time with her and getting ready for a conference next week. 

No beverages for me this weekend. Starting my extreme hydration protocol - lots of water, coconut water, and electrolyte tablets (actually not too far off from a normal day, just notching up the quantities). @hooligans4 you can have mine - sounds like you will need a couple this weekend! have fun with the cakes and soccer matches!
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Nothing going on here this weekend.  I need to go shoe shopping for my daughter.  She has tiny feet, so finding shoes that are activity appropriate (ie. she RUNS) for her size (which are usually for early walkers), is difficult.  I'm going to have to breakdown and take her to a shoe store and get her fitted.  :(  I've had a busy couple weeks so I need to do some cleaning and relax this weekend.  

No drinks.  Please someone, have one (or more) for me...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I am babysitting my sisters two boys (one 23months and one 5 months) tonight all by myself!! Although I am excited because I miss them so much in feeling a bit anxious already. She tells me daily how stressed she is. But I will take on the challenge and use this as practice:)
    Then tomorrow morning hubby and I will make ourselves bloody Mary's and he will cook up some breakfast burritos and then it's car shopping time for me , yay! And then back to work on Sunday, boo.
    Have a nice weekend ladies!!
  • @Dwmmwd - I'm not sure if it is one of your choices or a combination of them but I noticed we always seem to have off days when it is "time." This month I marked my best estimate of our window on the calendar and I'm asking my husband to be in charge of initiating. If that doesn't work - I'll change it up next month and well try another way. I think the stress of feeling like I am responsible for all aspects of this is leading me to let my anxiety get the best of me. I am trying to find a way of doing things that makes this more comfortable for both of us to maybe cut down on the pressure cooker that always seems to blow just at the wrong moment.
    TTC #1 since January 2014
  • Dwmmwd said:

Here's a random thought. I feel like every time I'm about to or am pretty sure that I am ovulating, H and I are fighting. Do you think that means a) we fight too much (yes) b)the hormones are making both of us crazy (pretty sure not all the fights are my fault) c) we're actually stressed about the idea of actually having a baby subconsciously and that brings stress into our lives d)I'm overthinking this.
    It worries me though. And fighting really sucks. 
    I used to notice that I got super-cranky around ovulation time.  Maybe it's a combination of hormones and the pressure to have lots of productive sex?

No spring break for me.  We (finally) bought a house, so we're spending most weekends getting it move-in ready.  I'll be having wine this weekend.  Happy Friday, all!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• @Davie813 how have you been? A house sounds exciting!

We have an egg hunt this weekend and I'm going to the trainer. He's killing me but I guess that means it's working. No drinks...must drop some weight.
  • @Dwmmwd that was me and my h for such a long time. After our first loss I was desperate to get pregnant again and he completely withdrew, so I would get so worked up and emotional whenever I tried to initiate and he didn't respond. I felt like he never wanted sex whenever I felt like it was a really good time for me. When I finally decided to use an OPK I flat out told him it was a good time and he said he didn't feel good. I was a flipping mess. But then he came through for me and that was the first time I felt he really was willing to try. I agree that it's a combination of hormones and stress that causes fighting at just the wrong (right) time. It's so hard. Maybe you can try to do some things together to take some of the pressure off and let you just enjoy each other's company? Whenever my h and I have been able to do that it's been so good for us.

I switched to decaf this morning since I know I could O anytime in this next week. So no indulging for me until my next af. It's probably all for naught but I'd rather be cautious.

No weekend plans but my h is off Monday so I'm really hoping we'll do something together as a family. I hope the weather will be nice.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Thanks ladies. It's actually not an issue around sex, the fighting. It's always about something els. Last night it was over choosing a restaurant! Don't get me started. Just generally bad communication and both of us being rather stubborn leads to some really stupid situations.  But what has been happening lately is he's making things a big deal. And then they get blown out of proportion. And that's where I think it relates to TTC. Because although we got married this year, divorcing is one thing without kids, but way more of an issue if you do have kids. So I think it makes us wonder whether we can live with fill in the blank annoying trait forever.
    Anyway, sorry, you guys aren't my therapists. I think we probably do need to get some couples counseling. But that keeps getting put on the back burner because of the cost. And money is one of our biggest issues. So there ya go. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the weather if it's good! I'm headed to happy hour in a bit after my last parent finally shows up for her conference.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• I"m heading into another busy weekend. I'm a dance and aerials teacher and we have a big show we're rehearsing for, which is at the end of May. My spring break was a couple weeks ago and I spent it working on taxes. Fun times!

I don't drink but have been struggling with cutting out all "treats" - which I usually do healthy versions but they are still carb-rich and I think mess up my sugar levels. Sigh. 

@Dwmmwd - I know how tough money and TTC can be on a relationship (and how tough fighting can be when you're TTC). My fights with H are more about me not ovulating. I know this sounds crazy but I'm so upset every morning when I don't see a +OPK or get a temp rise (week after week after week) and my hubby thinks I'm over-emotional about it. He's super logical and just says my time will come, that lots of women struggle with this, etc. It all makes sense (what he says) but I just want him to validate what I feel (that I keep trying new things but nothing seems to be working and I feel hopeless about it from time to time). Anyway, I kind of miss the days when I didn't temp or do OPK's and just had sex for fun.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Well Ive had couple glasses of wine! ;)
    For once I finally have a week off!! This last week was a doozy and boy do I need this weekend off!
    My second birth client went into labor and I photographed a second birth. I had to re arrange a lot of things this week because of it (to be expected) and it was the same as the first. Got the call later at night and was with her approx 15 hours and by the time I was able to get to sleep I had been up 36 hours. Let me tell you......it takes a toll. I can't believe I'm thinking of refocusing my entire business in this direction! I must be crazy. lol

Tomorrow I hope we are just lazy! 

Hubby went to help a friend with his yard and fell out the back of a truck while they were getting a Rototill (???) out the back of a truck and the ramp gave out. H scrapped up his leg pretty bad and landed straight on his back and head. I wanted to get him to urgent care but you know how men are......stubborn. He mentioned tonight when he laid down he smelled and tasted blood but non to be seen in his mouth or anything.....i know he is gonna be hurting tomorrow so Im sure it will be a lazy day. I may still drag his ass to urgent care if anything is any worse though. Im sure he is fine but you never know.

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • @kirstenalecia, I hope your husband is feeling better!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Davie813 said:

@kirstenalecia, I hope your husband is feeling better!

He is hurting. :( He had X-rays and stuff nothing broken, just bad bruising and some pretty serious muscle spasming. His muscles would even spasm in reaction to touch when they examined him. Poor hubby. At least its nothing too horrible.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Davie813 said:

@kirstenalecia, I hope your husband is feeling better!

He is hurting. :( He had X-rays and stuff nothing broken, just bad bruising and some pretty serious muscle spasming. His muscles would even spasm in reaction to touch when they examined him. Poor hubby. At least its nothing too horrible.
    I'm glad he got checked out because internal stuff can be scary. Glad he's ok, hope he mends quickly!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Dwmmwd said:

Thanks ladies. It's actually not an issue around sex, the fighting. It's always about something els. Last night it was over choosing a restaurant! Don't get me started. Just generally bad communication and both of us being rather stubborn leads to some really stupid situations.  But what has been happening lately is he's making things a big deal. And then they get blown out of proportion. And that's where I think it relates to TTC. Because although we got married this year, divorcing is one thing without kids, but way more of an issue if you do have kids. So I think it makes us wonder whether we can live with fill in the blank annoying trait forever.

Anyway, sorry, you guys aren't my therapists. I think we probably do need to get some couples counseling. But that keeps getting put on the back burner because of the cost. And money is one of our biggest issues. So there ya go. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the weather if it's good! I'm headed to happy hour in a bit after my last parent finally shows up for her conference.
    I do think the stress of TTC makes this worse. The first two years of our marriage were a really bad rollercoaster and things that maybe would have been easier to work through were blown into huge fights because the underlying tension was always there. My h is a horrible communicator and doesn't handle me expressing feelings very well, and of course I was walking around a huge bundle of emotion all the time. And all the other issues we had never got worked out because we just kept going through the same tornado over and over. My h would not go to counseling and I think it would have really helped. I hope you can find a way to go. If not, I hope you can at least work on making the communication better. Sorry it's been hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"