1st Trimester
Options

18 and pregnant.

I'm 18 and pregnant and I'm a little scared. I really just need some positivity and support from others. My mother will not talk to me but my dad and step mom are understanding and ready to help. I'm 5 weeks and 2 days along. I drank a few times before I knew. Few times lightly and once pretty heavy. I'm really hoping everything will be alright! I have cramping and have for about 3 weeks now.. That's normal right? Oh I have so many questions): doctors appointment is Monday, but it's just a confirmation appointment I think.

Re: 18 and pregnant.

• Options
    Hi and welcome.
    Cramping is pretty normal, but it's always best to run whatever is going on for you past your doctor. Also you might like to write down all your questions before you see your Dr so you remember to ask them all. Although there's heaps of resources out there too.

Lots of people drink before they know they're pregnant, you're fine, as long as you've stopped now you know.

Congratulations and best wishes. I'm sure it's pretty overwhelming for you right now, but pregnancy is a huge change for all new mums and there's a lot to learn and think about, so just keep asking the questions you need to ask, and you'll work it out.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    ^ I agree with what she said. I drank twice in the first couple weeks I was pregnant when I didn't know. When you are that early there shouldn't be any negative effects. I stopped drinking one I found out and my baby is really healthy :)
    Also, I understand what it is like for your family to be upset. I was 23 when I was pregnant and a lot of my family said terrible things. Some people didn't talk to me for months. In the end, they all got over it. Everyone was there when I gave birth and everyone loves my son. They all buy him gifts and babysit when I need a break. I think a lot of people go through this, I think your Mom will definitely get over it... It just may take time, good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your mom's reaction but congratulations on your pregnancy! I think it's a little scary for everyone the first time no matter the age. I'm 22 and was quite scared when I first found out! I wouldn't worry about the drinking or cramping. I drank quite a few times in the first few weeks before I knew I was pregnant. I'm 21 weeks now and all indications point to the baby being perfectly healthy! I also had cramping for a few weeks but no bleeding & everything turned out okay. Just tell your doctor about any concerns you have and try not to worry. I hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I know you may be scared, but hang in there. Don't worry about the drinking early on; I read that the baby's blood supply is separate from the mother's early in the pregnancy, so alcohol does not impact the baby early on.
  • Options
    Congratulations! I just found out myself and even though I'm 27 I was still scared to tell my parents. You just never know what their reactions will be. I'm sorry you've gotten such a negative reaction from your mom, mom's are important. I'm sure she'll come around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"