Single Parents

No money & baby on the way !

I'm due in September I'm excited but the pregancy wasn't planned.
The father of the baby left me and I have no income , no places will hire me because I'm pregant and assistance denied me because I'm still living with my mom, I have to help her with the bills and start getting ready for my baby to come .
I don't know what else to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: No money & baby on the way !

• What assistance have you applied for?  I'm surprised they would have denied you.  I live with my dad and I get some assistance, but I didn't apply for WIC, I applied for subsidized day care and medicaid for DD.  I had a friend who applied for assistance but claimed to not live with her parents, even though she did.  However, I don't advise or condone lying.  In the end, if you get caught, it looks REALLY bad. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Could you make a deal with your mom that she'll let you skate by without paying bills for now, but by the time you are, say, 6 months post-partum, you will be actively job-searching? She can even keep a ledger of what you owe so you can pay her back down the line, as much as possible. In the meantime, you can continue looking into childcare assistance so you can pay for that when the time comes, and plan to make a 100% effort to breastfeed, as that is much cheaper than formula, and many insurance companies (i think including medicaid) will provide a free breast pump so you can continue to pump once you go back to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, yes, check with your insurance company for sure!  If you are not covered right now, try applying to All Kids (medicaid, allkidscovered.com), they will cover you during your pregnancy and a little bit afterward (I don't know how long, because I have insurance through my job).  My DD is on All Kids and, based on my income, I pay $15/mo (was free until my raise).  Seriously, check that out, it will help you.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Say you rent a room.. They don't need to know it's in your mom's house. Technically your not lying you really do have to pay rent and have other bills.