1st Trimester

Negative Tests

Im currently 5 days late, my test yesterday morning was negative and I've read some women don't get a positive test for one or two weeks after their missed period. How common is that, how long did it take before you received a positive result?

Also, the last few nights when I try to sleep i experience slight cramping only on my left side. My nipples have been tender since yesterday, everytime I take even a sip of water I pee 20 minutes later. I've been constipated, yet gassy all week and have been getting acne, all which Ive never had to deal with before. Should I be getting my hopes up?? And if you are using pregnancy acronyms can you please spell them out, I'm new to this. Ex: ttc (trying to conceive)

Re: Negative Tests

• If your feeling symptoms then the HGC level would be strong enough to turn a pregnancy test positive. I would test every couple of days until you get a positive test, or your period. Good luck!
  • My first test was negative. Then I took another a week and a half later and it was positive. Just needed the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you don't know your ovulation date through temping, you don't know that your period is late. You're regular until you're not. The cycle I got pregnant I randomly ovulated 10 days later than what is "normal" for me.

Test weekly until you get a positive or your period arrives. But agree with PP...those "symptoms" are likely in your head. If they were related to pregnancy you'd have enough hormones in your system to turn a test.
  • delujm0 said:

If you don't know your ovulation date through temping, you don't know that your period is late. You're regular until you're not. The cycle I got pregnant I randomly ovulated 10 days later than what is "normal" for me.

Test weekly until you get a positive or your period arrives. But agree with PP...those "symptoms" are likely in your head. If they were related to pregnancy you'd have enough hormones in your system to turn a test.

Agreed with all of the above. All of the symptoms you're feeling could be in your head or just pre-period symptoms. 
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • We can't tell you based on symptoms alone. Keep taking a test weekly until you get a positive or your period.
  • I was about a week or so late before I turned a positive test. However, I fully accept that I could have messed my cycle up from undergoing a new, strict eating plan from a personal trainer. I agree with what everyone else said, test weekly until you get a positive or a period.
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• My cycles were pretty regular and I got my BFP 1 day after my missed period using a FRRR.
  • The only "symptom" that matters is a positive pregnancy test. If the symptoms you're feeling were related to pregnancy, you'd be able to turn a test positive. 
  • Period was on feb. 23, ovulated March 9th.
  • How do you know you ovulated March 9th? Were you taking your BBT (basal body temperature) and tracking?
  • I used ovulation tests to detect my LH surge. Insememated on the 6th and 9th.

Except that you can have an LH surge and not ovulate. You can have a few surges before you ACTUALLY ovulate. The kits only PREDICT ovulation, not confirm it. 
  • ElTrain5ElTrain5 member
    edited March 2015
    I got a positive FRER 10 days past ovulation (from BBT).   I didn't get a positive internet cheapie until about 13 days post ovulation.  If you are thinking you ovulated around the 9th, I would think a FRER would definitly detect it by now.  Even if you didn't ovulate on the 9th, if you haven't been inseminated since the 9th, and sperm can live approx. 5 days, that would put your latest possible conception date at the 14th.  So it would still be 13 days past that.  If it was me, I would try a FRER today, maybe tomorrow, and if that was negative, then I'd be pretty positive I wasn't KU.

Except that you can have an LH surge and not ovulate. You can have a few surges before you ACTUALLY ovulate. The kits only PREDICT ovulation, not confirm it. 
    I typed this pretty much verbatim and then got distracted. I started to hit Reply and then thought someone probably beat me to it.

OP, it looks like you are basing your ovulation on the "average" 14 days, which doesn't occur for all women. You could have ovulated later.
  • I wonder if you post this a third time somewhere else if the answers would be different? :-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I wonder if you post this a third time somewhere else if the answers would be different? :-??

I knew I wasn't crazy! Well. Not about that, at least. I just read this over on TTGP and was like wait. I know I've read this somewhere.
  • Well i original posted it in the trying to conceive section but figured people who have already conceived might have a better idea as to wait times for a positive test.
  • TheBorg7of9TheBorg7of9 member
    edited March 2015
    I've been pregnant 3 times and got positives on Internet cheapies and FRERs at 9 and 10 days past ovulation each time. I hope that helps you believe that I was telling the truth on your other thread when I said your symptoms aren't related to pregnancy if the test is negative.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I've been pregnant 3 times and got positives on Internet cheapies and FRERs at 9 and 10 days past ovulation each time. I hope that helps you believe that I was telling the truth on your other thread when I said your symptoms aren't related to pregnancy if the test is negative.

This. I got a negative hpt at 7dpo (knew it was likely too early but had my annual obgyn appt that day so wanted to check) and when I tested again at 11dpo the Internet cheapie was positive, as was a FRER. If you are truly more than 14dpo right now and your test is negative, you're not pregnant.

I've absolutely had cycles with multiple LH surges prior to ovulation. So just because your opk was positive on 3/9 does not guarantee you ovulated that day unfortunately.

I repeat my suggestion: test weekly until it's positive or you get your period. Your symptoms are meaningless without a positive test.
  • My test was positive 5 days before my missed period but of course everyone's different. All you can really due is wait for either a positive test or for your cycle to come. Good luck!
  • Got negative pregnancy tests up until 10dpo. FRER was the only test that was positive at 10dpo. Got a positive digital the next day. There is a chance you ovulated late or you could just be having an off cycle this month. I am usually very regular 28 day cycles but a couple months a year I will have longer cycles. Wishing you the best of luck though. I know how frustrating it can be waiting & seeing negative tests!
  • Well, I'm almost 8 days past when I should have started. Even if i ovulated late I should have started by now. Bought a First Response and tested on day 6, still negative. So I'm not pregnant, and there's no sign of a period. Guess I'll chart and temp this month, never missed a period before.
  • Well, I'm almost 8 days past when I should have started. Even if i ovulated late I should have started by now. Bought a First Response and tested on day 6, still negative. So I'm not pregnant, and there's no sign of a period. Guess I'll chart and temp this month, never missed a period before.

What if you ovulated 10 days late? Then your period would be 10 days late. Do you see? Since you're not pregnant, the only reason to have a later than normal period is late or absent ovulation. Good luck temping next time.

My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I got a positive 5 days before my missed period and that was with a cheap 88 cent test
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"